Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Hogs...

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Very good win. Glad to see us shake off some issues in the 2nd half and put Arky away. The Defense is playing lights out right now and I can't praise them enough. Damien Harris is just flat amazing to watch......special, SPECIAL player.

Also I apologize for getting on the OL unit a bit in the game thread. Sometimes I get caught up in worrying about the big picture versus enjoying the moment.

Look forward to demolishing Tennessee next.... Roll Tide!!!

I think teams now know you can’t sit back and let Jalen have time to throw. He can pick a defense a part. They are trying to make him uncomfortable and bring heat on just about every play. Jalen needs to work a bit more on getting the ball out of his hands quickly. I think that is the only thing that is tripping him up right now. I see that Foster didn’t play much tonight after one target. I think those Freshman are passing him a little bit and that’s sad. We will need him in the future.

Defensively, what more can I say about this defense. They aren’t even completely healthy and come the bye week things will hopefully be looking up. Just gotta keep playing and getting better and hopefully understand that the things that happened to top teams this weekend could happen to us if we are nothing prepared. Roll Tide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
Good win...they were well schooled on defense and kept the middle clogged for most of the game. Their delayed blitz got to JH when he tried to scramble...Rolling out JH gave him much more time...running the read option was a real plus as a transition to that aspect. I am amazed at how versatile our offense has become. We can adjust better than most.

I was surprised that we did not go to some zone on defense and shut down the middle of the field. I admire the Arky QB for his toughness and ability...he will be a real threat if he can get an offensive line. We stuck with man to man and rushing 5-6 despite his ability to throw with people beating him up.

Good win...not glamorous or earth shattering...but good.

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
Pass protection still needs some improvement. It looks like our only real weakness.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Presently rated at 4.5 40. I had to speak up on a Hog board when an uninformed poster said that he was "hardly recruited." He was a 5* and the #2 RB in the country that year...
If someone told me he was Mark Ingram's little bro, I wouldn't argue....

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Pass protection still needs some improvement. It looks like our only real weakness.
I'm looking forward to reviewing the game. There was disagreement, even on the game thread, about what was causing it. I think a lot of it had to do with their daring us, like almost every team, to pass, by committing seven and sometimes eight to the pass rush. One reply was that OL were just missing blocks. However, that happens when you're overmanned. As I said, I need to rewatch before commenting too much, but it looked like at times we were leaking the TE out, rather than holding him in to block, even though we almost never throw to him. In addition, one of our two primary RBs appears much better at chipping rushers than the other...

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I'm looking forward to reviewing the game. There was disagreement, even on the game thread, about what was causing it. I think a lot of it had to do with their daring us, like almost every team, to pass, by committing seven and sometimes eight to the pass rush. One reply was that OL were just missing blocks. However, that happens when you're overmanned. As I said, I need to rewatch before commenting too much, but it looked like at times we were leaking the TE out, rather than holding him in to block, even though we almost never throw to him. In addition, one of our two primary RBs appears much better at chipping rushers than the other...
I was surprised we didn't try a couple of screens....to help with that...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
That's what we were saying in the game thread - screens, draws, counters, rollouts - anything to take some of the pressure off. The OL really needed help. When we got around to the counter and the rollout, they both worked...

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
TBF, when we FINALLY decided to hit some quicker passes and ran a few QB draw plays it opened up everything else again and the line looked much better. IIRC, that is.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
TBF, when we FINALLY decided to hit some quicker passes and ran a few QB draw plays it opened up everything else again and the line looked much better. IIRC, that is.
That's my memory also, without looking again at the game. Without those tactics, both LSU and AU are going to pin their ears back and bring the house. It appears to be the only thing which works against us...

CajunCrimson

Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
I presume by "little," you mean "younger." It's remarkable, isn't it? Same size, same running style, similar personality - the TV guys are noticing it also...
Yes, younger ;)

I noticed it last year....but this year he's taken it up a notch....

He won't have a shot at the Heisman, but I do believe he will be one of the first couple of RBs taken

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.