Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Hogs...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
That was so funny, glad to see the guys enjoying a little fun. Nothing like team mates kind of messing with each other in good fun. This is a TEAM of great players who really do seem happy to see each other do good. How Jalen reacts to Tua making plays is epic. How each back loves when the other does well. NO jealousy just guys enjoying each others success. That is the definition of a TEAM.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
I think teams now know you can’t sit back and let Jalen have time to throw. He can pick a defense a part. They are trying to make him uncomfortable and bring heat on just about every play. Jalen needs to work a bit more on getting the ball out of his hands quickly. I think that is the only thing that is tripping him up right now. I see that Foster didn’t play much tonight after one target. I think those Freshman are passing him a little bit and that’s sad. We will need him in the future.

Defensively, what more can I say about this defense. They aren’t even completely healthy and come the bye week things will hopefully be looking up. Just gotta keep playing and getting better and hopefully understand that the things that happened to top teams this weekend could happen to us if we are nothing prepared. Roll Tide.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro
He was quitting on routes and looked like his head wasn’t in the game.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

colbysullivan

Hall of Fame
Dec 12, 2007
Gulf Breeze, FL
I think Foster is one of those players that would have been a star on a Shula team, but he is just lost in the shuffle on Saban’s teams. I give him props for for staying all 5 years but he has been a colossal disappointment.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I think Foster is one of those players that would have been a star on a Shula team, but he is just lost in the shuffle on Saban’s teams. I give him props for for staying all 5 years but he has been a colossal disappointment.
To be fair, his injury situation has been bad. OTOH, he was the #1 rated receiver out of HS, IIRC...

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
No offense to Cam Sims and Robert Foster, but there is a reason we prioritized bringing in a great WR class (and maybe our best WR class to show up on campus ever). Our pass game's development is contingent on Juedy, Ruggs, and/or Smith becoming playmakers.

bamafaninbham

All-SEC
Jul 19, 2004
Homewood
A few plays later a snap was way over Blake Johnson’s head on fourth down and his, let’s say creative, escape didn’t go well.

That quote was from a Hog website....I guess the writer was taking a few liberties to describe the botched punt attempt by Arky. It was a perfect snap that the punter just plain dropped.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Does anyone know if something was wrong with keith Holcombe? He was in on some special teams, but wasn't in his normal role at Dime LB, nor did he appear to come into the game when we put in the second team defense.

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Does anyone know if something was wrong with keith Holcombe? He was in on some special teams, but wasn't in his normal role at Dime LB, nor did he appear to come into the game when we put in the second team defense.
Discussed in Jess' postgame thread - we kept a very base defense which meant KH was on the sidelines.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
That's what we were saying in the game thread - screens, draws, counters, rollouts - anything to take some of the pressure off. The OL really needed help. When we got around to the counter and the rollout, they both worked...
This is why I don't like some saying Bama players were complacent or lost focus. I think the offensive players were putting everything into their play but some wrong play calls and maybe a mistake or two would stall a drive. I still think Daboll is a work in progress even though he is an experienced coach.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I imagine it is hard as a WR to have to wait in line for touches. BUT when you get a pass that is a sure catch, you MUST make the catch. I feel maybe they are just losing focus and getting frustrated due to so many talented guys at the position. This is a good issue to have, too many good WR,s. If they can show patience and make the most of every opportunity Jalen will find them. BUT you drop a pass that hits your hands, you may not get anymore chances. QB's toss to the guys who CATCH balls, not drop them. Iit is human nature to seek the comfort zone, you throw, even into coverage to Ridley, as he will make the play more than not.

gtgilbert

All-American
Aug 12, 2011
Discussed in Jess' postgame thread - we kept a very base defense which meant KH was on the sidelines.
we lined up in dime with the full 2-3-7 personnel grouping on the third play of the game. only difference was Wilson was the dime lb instead of Holcombe. he also didn't play with the second team when they went in. it was Wilson and moses.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
It was awesome watching Papps kicking those FG's helping solidify himself as our PK..I have full confidence in Papp's no matter if it's a long or short FG..He had plenty of leg on both FG's..

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
It was awesome watching Papps kicking those FG's helping solidify himself as our PK..I have full confidence in Papp's no matter if it's a long or short FG..He had plenty of leg on both FG's..
I agree - having a reliable mid-range FG kicker is essential when facing teams with tough defenses.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.