Game Thread: OFFICIAL POSTGAME THREAD: Bama vs. Hogs...

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Had an awful case of food poisoning so I completely missed the game and will have to watch in on youtube or something. Looks like Evans had a big game though which is promising. I thought before his injury that he was going to really light up the stat sheet and it looks like he might have found his groove. Damien Harris is the man. Everything else I'll have to actually watch the game to have a real opinion on.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
On the interception I've thought that Cam should have come up to meet the ball and that may have at least contributed to the INT. Not to pick on Cam at all. But I'm not a coach. Any thoughts on that?
I think the throw was late. I think the receivers on those little outs are supposed to turn around and the ball is supposed to already be on them. So I don't think it's in the design for them to come back and meet the ball. Now, when he saw the ball was being passed to him the defender is coming from behind and to his left, so just out of his peripheral vision. So he doesn't know the pass is at risk of being picked, thus it is not customary to run up on a ball and lose yardage if the defender isn't known to be in the area. I think this was an out of rhythm and low velocity ball from Hurts that allowed the defender all day to slide into it.
If the ball had come out earlier and with velocity then it would have been a very easy completion as there was quite a cushion between Sims and the DB.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.