The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly- hawg Style...

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
good- big win over an SEC West opponent, Damien Harris is making a habit out of breaking big runs. All of the backs punish people who try to tackle them. The line opens some huge holes at times. The defense is looking sharp.
bad- pass protection, injuries, catching punts
ugly- UF uniforms, Washington St. score, UT v. USC

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
The good — Harris and the run game, the defense.

The bad — Pass protection, someone put pig grease on the ball during punts.

The ugly — Penalties, dropped punts (see the bad), bad weekend for cats, except Bengal Tigers, ESPN.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Good - Run game, freshmen emerging as playmakers at WR, defense continues to show good depth despite injuries

Bad - Securing the punt, playcalling for a stretch mid-game where it seemed that everything was a deep, long developing route combo.

Ugly - Nick Saban with the special teamers this morning.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
From BDS itself:

Good: reaction to Dabo, Brandon Gibson sitting down next to me for a quarter wearing his 2011 ring, D Harris, Jalen is improving, D was ferocious, perfect weather

Bad - inconsistent O line play, too many stupid penalties

Ugly - punt return game, the Jalen pick

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
Dreamland went the franchise route and has lost something in the transition. I'm not the only person to say this but if you want ribs then Archibald's Northport is your best bet. I am not too fond on Full Moon BBQ either. Based on the Tuscaloosa location, I have found their ribs consistently to be improperly prepped before smoking them and too chewy in the mouth. Simply put, Full Moon seems to be breaking the number one rule of smoking - "low and slow" - and that probably feeds into the poorly prepped meat because they're being inattentive to quality. Their pulled pork has too much gristle and charred ends in it for my taste. I like chewing on the charred ends but only in moderation. I bet most people do not. In my opinion, the best pulled pork I've had is in my hometown at Lisa's BBQ (Fayette, AL) because it is always 100% edible pork meat. The best ribs I've ever had were up in Edinburgh, Indiana right off the Camp Atterbury Army training site, Hickory Hills Barbecue, but they only serve the ribs and rib tips on Friday and Saturday...and they rarely lasted past lunch hour when I was around (which was during big training exercises). The meat would fall off the bone if you held it sideways.

danb

All-SEC
Dec 4, 2011
Hazel Green, AL
Dreamland went the franchise route and has lost something in the transition. I'm not the only person to say this but if you want ribs then Archibald's Northport is your best bet. I am not too fond on Full Moon BBQ either. Based on the Tuscaloosa location, I have found their ribs consistently to be improperly prepped before smoking them and too chewy in the mouth. Simply put, Full Moon seems to be breaking the number one rule of smoking - "low and slow" - and that probably feeds into the poorly prepped meat because they're being inattentive to quality. Their pulled pork has too much gristle and charred ends in it for my taste. I like chewing on the charred ends but only in moderation. I bet most people do not. In my opinion, the best pulled pork I've had is in my hometown at Lisa's BBQ (Fayette, AL) because it is always 100% edible pork meat. The best ribs I've ever had were up in Edinburgh, Indiana right off the Camp Atterbury Army training site, Hickory Hills Barbecue, but they only serve the ribs and rib tips on Friday and Saturday...and they rarely lasted past lunch hour when I was around (which was during big training exercises). The meat would fall off the bone if you held it sideways.
+1 on Archibald's

I haven't had Full Moon's ribs, but I can say the last time I was there (location in front of the Alabaster Walmart) I had their pulled pork plate. I was very unimpressed flavor wise, and especially price wise (2 PP bbq plates and a drink ran us like $32+)

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The best thing about Full Moon BBQ are their side dishes. But I think Dickey's may have their number in that regard AND their meats...and Dickey's is a truly corporate BBQ franchise. Not being a snob about franchised BBQ places but they aren't even close to "local." Dickey's is really good in my opinion. I appreciate how they've been able to scale out and keep a quality level that almost feels local. Jim and Nicks is probably the best of the Alabama BBQ joints to go corporate.

Last edited:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Full Moon is pretty solid for what it is - a quick BBQ place. No, it's not the best BBQ you've ever had, but it gets the job done when you're in a hurry (drive-thru) or have a big group of people that want various things.

Some of the best BBQ I've had is in Billingsley at Jim's Highway 82 BBQ. Drove out there on Labor Day after doing yard work. Couldn't wait to eat a rib until I got home (much harder to eat ribs while driving than I expected). The meat fell right off into my lap.

howmag

BamaNation Citizen
Oct 8, 2006
A big 10-4 on Lisa's BBQ in Fayette! But now living in Georgia any of the above sound wonderful.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
As opposed to Dreamland's overrated ribs?
Actually, Dreamland (which I've heard of obviously but never been to) wasn't even on my mind.

I just thought it hysterical that we were roasting a hawg and a BBQ place was giving the update. To me, it ranked right up there with the Texas Rangers Taco Bueno inning, the Rangers score a run and everyone gets a taco.......what marketing genius came up with associating tacos with runs?????????

TrampLineman

Hall of Fame
Jul 21, 2010
Alabama
Like RTR91 said, Full Moon is very good for a quick BBQ place. I don't even bother with even trying their ribs and what not. Pulled pork with bread and their BBQ sauce and I'm out the door. The Birmingham location stay away from, it's terrible and has always been 2nd rate compared to the T-town location.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.