The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly- hawg Style...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The best ribs in the state are the ones I grill myself. NO restaurant can touch home made. Sorry but when cooking for 100 plus you never get the same quality as when doing them yourself. I cooked for a living for years, home made beats any place period end of story. Not saying there are not good ribs out there, but they cannot match the ones done by yourself. Even if you are not a cook, trial and error will produce great food off a grill. Try new things add your own tastes and you will never be unhappy. Not to mention I do not have to eat with strangers, after being in the business I never eat out. Walk into any commercial kitchen, you will never eat out again either. State standards even when followed is disgusting to me.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
The best ribs in the state are the ones I grill myself. NO restaurant can touch home made. Sorry but when cooking for 100 plus you never get the same quality as when doing them yourself. I cooked for a living for years, home made beats any place period end of story. Not saying there are not good ribs out there, but they cannot match the ones done by yourself. Even if you are not a cook, trial and error will produce great food off a grill. Try new things add your own tastes and you will never be unhappy. Not to mention I do not have to eat with strangers, after being in the business I never eat out. Walk into any commercial kitchen, you will never eat out again either. State standards even when followed is disgusting to me.
i have to agree with this. my brother was a chef for years and gave me a bomb-proof way to cook ribs that is out of this world. my grill/meat cooking skills leave a bit to be desired, but i have never gone wrong following his directions (i cook them about once a year)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
i have to agree with this. my brother was a chef for years and gave me a bomb-proof way to cook ribs that is out of this world. my grill/meat cooking skills leave a bit to be desired, but i have never gone wrong following his directions (i cook them about once a year)
Find a good recipe and style you like then make it your own. Just be patient over time you can fine tune recipe, cooking time etc. Not to mention the fact you did it makes them better by 20% automatically LOL

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
How about I blaspheme my own name and heritage by saying, "I friggin' hate BBQ....."

Because that's why I've never been in any of those places.....

(Ducks.....)

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Like RTR91 said, Full Moon is very good for a quick BBQ place. I don't even bother with even trying their ribs and what not. Pulled pork with bread and their BBQ sauce and I'm out the door. The Birmingham location stay away from, it's terrible and has always been 2nd rate compared to the T-town location.
There are almost a dozen BHM Full Moon locations - all of them solid.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.