Game Thread: UW vs. ASU

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I fell asleep soon after the FG donked off the upright on the UDub kicker.

Final:

ASU 13
UDun 7

And UDub lost 2 players for the year in this game. The state of Arizona is kryptonite to them.
One of those players was their best offensive lineman who at least gave them one guy they could trust on that unit and adjust the blocking schemes to cover for inadequate talent elsewhere. UDub is probably gonna drop some more.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
One of those players was their best offensive lineman who at least gave them one guy they could trust on that unit and adjust the blocking schemes to cover for inadequate talent elsewhere. UDub is probably gonna drop some more.
Chris Peterson is learning that what we said about his blue turf teams was true: The grind of a major conference schedule inflicts a toll his blue turf teams did not have to contend with. He's a good coach, but his recruiting will need to improve even more.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It had been over a decade before they finally had an all-conference linemen last year (I believe). It has been a big story around their beat writers and fans when I was "scouting" the semis last year. Petersen is in year 4 at Washington and it appears that the OL overhaul has been a bigger issue than refitting the skill positions and defense.

RammerJammer14

Hall of Fame
Aug 18, 2007
UA
His point was that on third down, throwing an incompletion stops the clock, whereas running with it would have kept the clock running.
Got it. I could have sworn I heard him say, if you run it on 4th down and don't make it, the clock keeps running through the possession change. I was thinking, "Greg, you played the game, have you lost your mind!?!"

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.