JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Arkansas wrap-up: Tide’s biggest opponent is complacency
by Jess Nicholas
TideFans Editor-In-Chief
October 15th, 2017 05:16 AM

By Jess Nicholas TideFans.com Editor-In-Chief Oct. 15, 2017 By the time Nick Saban was finished with the media this week, every writer in the state was scared to write anything about the Crimson Tide that could be remotely construed as a positive comment. The now-famous “rat poison” rant, though, was aimed at his own players […]

Read More Here

CrimsonEyeshade

Hall of Fame
Nov 6, 2007
Agreed on all points ... except for the kid boar quarterback. Given the beating he took, which played havoc with his fundamentals as the game went on, I was impressed with his performance — particularly his enthusiasm for the battle.

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
Agreed on all points ... except for the kid boar quarterback. Given the beating he took, which played havoc with his fundamentals as the game went on, I was impressed with his performance — particularly his enthusiasm for the battle.
I agree! Kelly really hung in there, despite the Bama defensive rush. I honestly don't think Allen would've done much better. That big guy is a competitor.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
Nice read. We played well but our pass protection and passing game needs to improve for LSU and Auburn. I am happy for the win but wish they would not have scored that touchdown:)

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
It always makes me a little nervous to see starters in the game in the 4th when we have a big lead.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
We've got some games where complacency can't happen over the horizon. Hate to say it, but a lot of the SEC has fallen down a peg or two and it is easier to see how teams like Clemson and Washington fall to mediocre teams. When there is so much mediocrity in your conference, you lose intensity and expect all the mediocre teams you play will roll over for you.

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Inconsistent OL play, especially in pass protection could bite us against teams we can't just steamroll in the running game. Arkansas' DL could be charitably described as mediocre, and they got consistent heat on Jalen. Not a good look this far into the season, when far more capable DLs await.

LSU is appears to be coming together, and the barn will be (1) looking for a spot in the SECCG, if they've beaten Georgia, or (2) looking to destroy our season if they've lost. Either way they'll be jacked up over the moon when they play us.

RiffTide

BamaNation Citizen
Dec 30, 2015
I made a post early in the season that our punt return game seemed to be sub-par. I think this was on display for all to see last night. Maybe it won't hurt us this year, but it could be a game changer somewhere down the road.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I made a post early in the season that our punt return game seemed to be sub-par. I think this was on display for all to see last night. Maybe it won't hurt us this year, but it could be a game changer somewhere down the road.
I'll say this for Diggs, that was his first real bobble of the year and he was still hurt. I was very surprised they ran him out there with the 2s late in the game to play CB. I did not notice whether Knott was dressed out or not, so maybe Diggs, Carter and Mayden were all that was left at that spot. He had to backpedal quickly on either his first or second punt and did it gingerly. I'm a bit surprised they didn't give Marks a shot at doing that Saturday.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.