Bama uniform question...

Valley View

3rd Team
Nov 7, 2016
Williamson County, TN
I love our uniforms. Simple, yet perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. That being said, and maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember, but to me it looks like little things change from week to week. For example, during the FSU game the color wasn't right. More red than the traditional crimson, may have been the lights. The helmets looked correct, just the jerseys were off.

Another game this year it looked like the numbers on the helmets had been changed to a larger font. And last night the numbers on the backs of the jerseys looked overly large. Anyone else notice this??

Tidewater

Hall of Fame
Mar 15, 2003
Hooterville, Vir.
I love our uniforms. Simple, yet perfect. I wouldn't change a thing. That being said, and maybe I'm just getting old and can't remember, but to me it looks like little things change from week to week. For example, during the FSU game the color wasn't right. More red than the traditional crimson, may have been the lights. The helmets looked correct, just the jerseys were off.
The lighting in the Atlanta stadium made things look strange, but I suspect we'll get used to it.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Many things affect colors to the naked eye, cameras, lighting, TV set etc. I have been to many games in person and I see no difference in colors. But I am old and maybe my eyes are not what they used to be. I would bet it is not the color but the lighting and cameras and TV combo that make them look different week to week. Only color to me that always looks the same no matter when or where I see it is that butt ugly orange of Tenn. No lighting camera or TV can make that ugly orangutan orange look good. :biggrin2:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
This may be crazy but with so many teams changing uniforms weekly, could that confuse the QB as to who is his guy when throwing LOL Repetition is a good thing, our QB knows the crimson helmet is his guy, now he could be in crimson or white jersey but that is as simple as it gets. Maybe in the heat of a game the UF QB could not even see his WR as his uniform blended in with the field when he was way down field??????? Just a crazy thought, BUT studies have been done and there is a reason Fire Trucks are RED, as big as they are it catches the eye faster. IT stands out for safety. Also proven RED cars get more tickets as they catch cops eye in that crowd of white and silver cars rolling down the road. BUT red also makes you more seeable(is this a word)

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
This may be crazy but with so many teams changing uniforms weekly, could that confuse the QB as to who is his guy when throwing LOL Repetition is a good thing, our QB knows the crimson helmet is his guy, now he could be in crimson or white jersey but that is as simple as it gets. Maybe in the heat of a game the UF QB could not even see his WR as his uniform blended in with the field when he was way down field??????? Just a crazy thought, BUT studies have been done and there is a reason Fire Trucks are RED, as big as they are it catches the eye faster. IT stands out for safety. Also proven RED cars get more tickets as they catch cops eye in that crowd of white and silver cars rolling down the road. BUT red also makes you more seeable(is this a word)
Visible? :D

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Another game this year it looked like the numbers on the helmets had been changed to a larger font. And last night the numbers on the backs of the jerseys looked overly large. Anyone else notice this??
Be more consistent with your drinking.:smile:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Be more consistent with your drinking.:smile:
I think he was consistent, he drank every play the whole game LOL Done that before, thankfully I was able to rewatch the game later that week. Was like I was watching it for the first time :rolleye2:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
We need more unicorns. Elephants are just muscular unicorns with double the magic horns, right?

I was thinking Big Al is old hat lets upgrade our mascot to something more appropriate, like a TANK or Armored Personnel Carrier ;)

The Ols

Hall of Fame
Jul 8, 2012
Cumming,Ga.
Grammar Police would believe it...(8?) Normally I wouldn't pick nits here, but it's only(?) 1 sentence?
That was to easy, I want to make up some new words, you know EXPAND the old vocabulary hehe Lets set the standards not follow them, plus it is more fun to see how many people ask if I graduated from Auburn LOL

Last edited:

bamaga

Hall of Fame
Apr 29, 2002
JAWJA
Whatever happened to waverossi? Was that his only thread. And how can you have a uniform thread without the white helmet question.

FitToBeTide

All-American
Aug 19, 2001
St. Florian
That's wEverossi. And he submerged quite some time ago and hasn't resurfaced yet.

He may have gotten weary of the all the ragging his OP generated. Hope he's well. He was a pretty good sport about it, for the most part.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.