Bama uniform question...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Had no idea they had trouble with getting the dye/paint into the plastic. Makes sense. I remember seeing old football helmets from the 50's that looked God-awful. I thought maybe it was from the hard hitting going on ~back in the day~. :)
They have better, tougher paints now also. I think a lot of the pro helmets are painted...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Had no idea they had trouble with getting the dye/paint into the plastic. Makes sense. I remember seeing old football helmets from the 50's that looked God-awful. I thought maybe it was from the hard hitting going on ~back in the day~. :)
Oh, and they are really enforcing the helmet to helmet rules, which didn't exist back then. Coach Bryant used to teach what would be called "spearing" now. He'd watch a headfirst tackle on the weekly replay and exclaim "That's putting the old Riddell on him!"

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had to chuckle. Tennessee week and one of the longest threads on the front page is a topic which is usually an offseason discussion... :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.