Opinions on our offense (see admin note on page six)...

alwayshavebeen

All-SEC
Sep 22, 2013
North Carolina
Like him or not, but sometimes Kirk Herbstreit has a genuine nugget that comes to fruition. During the game Saturday he said something along the lines... that when Alabama starts playing the tougher competition he felt our passing game would be outstanding.
IMO the games we have played so far have been dress rehearsal in very small doses for things to come, and he very well be right. Hope so.

Last edited:

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Like him or not, but sometimes Gary Danielson has a genuine nugget that comes to fruition. During the game Saturday he said something along the lines... that when Alabama starts playing the tougher competition he felt our passing game would be outstanding.
IMO the games we have played so far have been dress rehearsal in very small doses for things to come, and he very well be right. Hope so.
I think that was Kirk Herbstreit

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
Love this one.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk
This is another example why I think most posters, certainly including me, have little clue about what is really going on. Even former players and coaches at that level, who have a much better understanding of the concepts involved, don't know what the staff is really doing because they don't know the intent. I never complain about play calling because there are so many factors about which we are ignorant or are not privy to. Though they certainly make mistakes, we probably rarely know when they are made. When we are "right", it's often not because of our reasoning, it just turned out that way. I'm not suggesting fans should never comment or complain, but it should temper our view of what we think we know, when in reality, for most of us it's not much. In most cases, it's wise to leave personnel issues, schemes, etc. to the professionals or at least admit we are just guessing.

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
I can absorb Cubelic's comments much better written; so I don't have to listen to him.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
This is another example why I think most posters, certainly including me, have little clue about what is really going on. Even former players and coaches at that level, who have a much better understanding of the concepts involved, don't know what the staff is really doing because they don't know the intent. I never complain about play calling because there are so many factors about which we are ignorant or are not privy to. Though they certainly make mistakes, we probably rarely know when they are made. When we are "right", it's often not because of our reasoning, it just turned out that way. I'm not suggesting fans should never comment or complain, but it should temper our view of what we think we know, when in reality, for most of us it's not much. In most cases, it's wise to leave personnel issues, schemes, etc. to the professionals or at least admit we are just guessing.
I think it is good for us to chime in, and hopefully smarter members here will set us straight. In order to learn we must be taught. I have seen posts here that showed me how naive I was. This is all to make us better fans and better informed fans. You are right, I will chime in, but in the END Saban is much smarter than me or I would be making millions coaching. But lets not let that stop us from making fools of ourselves, that has taught me one good lesson, learn to laugh at yourself. Life is better when you do not take everything so serious. I bet there are millions who think they could call Bama game better, I also bet none could.

CaliforniaTide

All-American
Aug 9, 2006
Huntsville, AL
I think it is good for us to chime in, and hopefully smarter members here will set us straight. In order to learn we must be taught. I have seen posts here that showed me how naive I was. This is all to make us better fans and better informed fans. You are right, I will chime in, but in the END Saban is much smarter than me or I would be making millions coaching. But lets not let that stop us from making fools of ourselves, that has taught me one good lesson, learn to laugh at yourself. Life is better when you do not take everything so serious. I bet there are millions who think they could call Bama game better, I also bet none could.
It is totally okay to chime in, but I also always remember that CNS has input on the playcalling. Most of the time, when he gets upset it is over the execution of the play. I know he yelled at Kiffin for being cute, thus I said, "Most of the time...". I love following Cole Cubelic on Twitter, and the biggest reason is his attempt at explaining offensive/defensive plays any team uses. To my untrained eye, a lot of Alabama's running game hasn't seemed to change much. Cubelic is pointing out that they are making minor tweaks so that they remove a lot of Arkansas' disguising of their plays. I'll end with this - CNS has shown to adapt and bring in multiple types of offensive concepts, even if it meant bringing in Kiffin. I'll end with this - the Alabama offense has consistently grown in multiple ways over the years, yet it has stuck to CNS' demands of being able to run the ball, pass when it wants to, and produce explosive plays.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
It is totally okay to chime in, but I also always remember that CNS has input on the playcalling. Most of the time, when he gets upset it is over the execution of the play. I know he yelled at Kiffin for being cute, thus I said, "Most of the time...". I love following Cole Cubelic on Twitter, and the biggest reason is his attempt at explaining offensive/defensive plays any team uses. To my untrained eye, a lot of Alabama's running game hasn't seemed to change much. Cubelic is pointing out that they are making minor tweaks so that they remove a lot of Arkansas' disguising of their plays. I'll end with this - CNS has shown to adapt and bring in multiple types of offensive concepts, even if it meant bringing in Kiffin. I'll end with this - the Alabama offense has consistently grown in multiple ways over the years, yet it has stuck to CNS' demands of being able to run the ball, pass when it wants to, and produce explosive plays.
Will this post ever end?;)

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
I love our offense this year and know it will get better (hope it will) with playcalling and execution as we go down the stretch. I hope we can stay injury free also.

I really like what JK Scott has done for us over the past few years. He is such a valuable asset.

Who will take his place next year? Is there a player already on the team who might? If so, it would be neat to see him get a few kicks/punts in the Mercer game. Not the whole game but just a few times for game experience like the other 2nd stringers get to do.

Bubbaloo

1st Team
Dec 8, 2015
Re: Opinions on our offense

okay but you are running ice cream shop, you run out of vanilla, and do not have any other flavor, NOW WHAT? Even Bama can be stopped, other teams have talent too. All it takes is that good team playing hard to slow us enough to beat us. I love vanilla, but when you only have a knife and the other guy shows up with a gun, you are in for a bad one. I believe in bringing brass knuckles, knife, gun, baseball bat, and rocks to a fight. Then no matter what they pull you are ready for whatever fight they bring.
Sorry for the late reply. Been outta pocket... My point is that all ice cream begins with a basic vanilla recipe, then you add any and all the flavors you may want for an ice cream store !
If your base recipe sucks, so will any other flavor.

I trust our coaches to get the most out of our players in order to reach # 17. RTR

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
After watching the Falcons this year, I am really glad Sark isn't here
It was kind of a weird series of events and choices. Falcons are pressed into finding an OC and they go with someone who actually hadn't been a coordinator for years (unless you count his one game job at Alabama) and also who had very little pro experience. Alabama, on short notice then replaces him with a guy who hadn't been a coordinator for years and who had very little college experience.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Re: Opinions on our offense

Sorry for the late reply. Been outta pocket... My point is that all ice cream begins with a basic vanilla recipe, then you add any and all the flavors you may want for an ice cream store !
If your base recipe sucks, so will any other flavor.

I trust our coaches to get the most out of our players in order to reach # 17. RTR
Oh I agree it is all good, we have a better chance to win this years Title than any other team. As was said in other posts, we have to really get nit picky to find fault in this team. But we have to do something for fun. All this winning is getting boring............ NOT :biggrin:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
It was kind of a weird series of events and choices. Falcons are pressed into finding an OC and they go with someone who actually hadn't been a coordinator for years (unless you count his one game job at Alabama) and also who had very little pro experience. Alabama, on short notice then replaces him with a guy who hadn't been a coordinator for years and who had very little college experience.
I think we came out better. I trust Nicks choices, he knows Daboll from Mich St days, and he knows coaches. He has done pretty good so far. Heck he even made Kiffen a winner, no one else has done that LOL

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.