Poll: Week 8 Poll (AP Poll)

KrAzY3

Hall of Fame
Jan 18, 2006
kraizy.art
Notre Dame is lurking, quietly, and as they say in NCAA Basketball Discussions, have "a really, really good loss" albeit at home
Their one loss (by one point to Georgia) looks really good right now. Other than that, their closest game has been 20 points. If they dispense with NC State, USC, and Miami (and the rest of their schedule), it's very hard to imagine their not making the playoffs. I'm hoping they get tripped up though, simply because I'm hoping for Alabama to have the largest margin for error possible.

One team that's just out of the hunt entirely though is Washington. If they make it in as Pac-12 champs that will be because there are no other good one loss teams left.

Last edited:

tlockwood

1st Team
Dec 15, 2000
Hephzibah, Ga
Notre Dame makes it to the playoffs if they don't slip up. No way the media would let that happen.

The loser of the SECCG game gets screwed unless everyone else has two losses. (Don't forget that UGA still has to go to Jacksonville...a place that has not been friendly to them the past couple of decades!)

Penn State is a team that could be a very big problem for Bama in the playoffs. (assuming...of course)

I am still not drinking the Ohio St kool-aid. I do not think JTB is a good qb at all and their defense is suspect at best.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Poll is out. Clemson fell, Auburn fell, a lot of teams fell. Things are becoming clearer. Bama is unanimous again. More than likely after we beat UT we will be number 1 again in the playoff poll. Crazy how Penn State is there. Could the SEC get two teams in?!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro[emoji208]
When Alabama and LSU were in the playoffs, there were a lot of tears in folkes Wheaties.
They really don't want two SEC teams in the playoff.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Clemson still in great position to make the playoff if they win out. I think only Auburn truly eliminated themselves in this upset heavy weekend. Washington and Washington St are functionally alive but their resume really works against them if there are 4 or more 1-loss power conference champions. USC really needs to beat Notre Dame but ND not to fall apart.

A lot can change but it sure does look like this is the long and short of the playoff race (no particular order on these slots):

CFP slot 1: Alabama v. Georgia
CFP slot 2: Penn St v. Wisconsin v. Ohio State
CFP slot 3: TCU v. Oklahoma v. Oklahoma St
CFP slot 4: Miami v. Clemson v. Virginia Tech v. North Carolina State

Notre Dame beating USC could change things and I wonder what "slot" gets the short stick to make way for ND if they finish 11-1.
If Alabama beats Georgia in the SEC Championship... Wouldn't that be enough to move them out of the playoffs?

Crimson1967

Hall of Fame
Nov 22, 2011
What if LSU wins out, thus causing us to finish at 11-1 and not going to the SECCG. Then they beat a 12-0 Georgia team to finish at 11-2, with wins over two #1 (at the time) teams but losses to Troy and Mississippi State.

Who goes to the playoffs from the SEC?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Snuffy Smith

All-American
Sep 12, 2012
Huntsville, AL
What if LSU wins out, thus causing us to finish at 11-1 and not going to the SECCG. Then they beat a 12-0 Georgia team to finish at 11-2, with wins over two #1 (at the time) teams but losses to Troy and Mississippi State.

Probably flip a coin between Alabama & Georgia. Two very ugly games would shut the whos out of the playoffs.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
This is looking like the committee is counting on a
BAMA
OHIO STATE
CLEMSON
OKLAHOMA
playoff

Right now, if everything plays out, an SEC team will be the number one seed Bama or UGA* (UGA will jump all of the one lost teams if they run the table)

Big10 will be the number 2 seed ... Penn State or OSU

ACC will have the number 3 seed Clemson or Miami

Big 12 will have the 4 spot Okie or TCU

The disclaimer with UGA is if Penn State wins out, then UGA would be the 2nd seed.

A lot of football left to be played though, interesting to see how everything ends up.

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

Nobody would deserve it if that happens.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
If ND wins out, they are in, assuming there are not 4 undefeated P5 teams. They will have beaten Mich St, USC, NC State, Miami, Navy and Stanford, with their loss being by one point to UGA. They would deserve it. Not that they would necessarily be the best team, but the most accomplished. They have a legitimate shot to do it. At this point they would probably be favored in every one of those games. Of course it could end this weekend.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.