Bama a 33 Point Favorite Over ut

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
48-10
Same thing I have predicted the last few games.
I hate to see 'Sergeant Carter' in the Welfare Line, but we need to beat them like the proverbial rented mule.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I''m reading that this is the biggest underdog that UT has ever been. I'm not sure if they mean just against Bama or biggest underdog against anyone.

Last edited:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
This game will be closer than you think...UA is getting ready for a bye week and UT is embarrassed beyond belief. Their QB played pretty well in their system and he has a week of experience. We have no real motivation other than to keep winning...but this is a RIVALRY game with major implications if we lose. We've all seen more stunning upsets. Bama will win...but only by 17 or so.

And no, the sky is not falling. Just seeing this as a potential trap game...they do have talent.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
This game will be closer than you think...UA is getting ready for a bye week and UT is embarrassed beyond belief. Their QB played pretty well in their system and he has a week of experience. We have no real motivation other than to keep winning...but this is a RIVALRY game with major implications if we lose. We've all seen more stunning upsets. Bama will win...but only by 17 or so.

And no, the sky is not falling. Just seeing this as a potential trap game...they do have talent.
Well, since I think that Alabama will win by 50, I'll take a letdown win by only 30 or so. :p

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA

I think we will win by 20 and not meet the spread. The main thing other than winning is to have no injuries. It would be nice to not let them score a touchdown also. Their new QB looks decent for not having much play time. This will be the third "new"Qb we have faced this year if you include Texas AM and Arky. Watch out for John Kelly too. He is a good RB.

I am glad it is a home game and the weather will be nice... and that we play in the afternoon this time!

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
On a program level, I hate UTe. Even more than I dislike the barn.

Those guys tried to sink us, and with the help of a lot of people I'll neither forget nor forgive, they dang near did it. I hope that program wallows in a mess of its own making for decades. So I hope we stomp a mudhole in them Saturday, then fill it in just so we can stomp another one.

As far as Butch Jones, I kind of feel for him. I don't think he's a bad guy. He's overmatched, and not exactly a candidate for Mensa, and tends to think in bumper sticker phrases. But he'll have a goodbye kiss of several million dollars, on top of the millions he's already been paid, to make it all better. So while I take no joy in seeing a decent man come up short, I also cry no tears for Jones.

But for all I care, the UTe program can burn down to the ground. I'll come in behind the fire and plow rock salt into the scorched earth, having bought the salt and the plows with my own money.
Tends to think in bumper sticker phrases.

[emoji23]

Cap doffed and shamelessly stolen for future use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
We will win handily but I do not think we will cover the spread. Saban has a tendency to take his foot off the gas early in matchups like this and I know tons of people that constantly lose money because of it.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama

I agree something in the 17-24 point range. There is nothing more dangerous than a team that at this point has nothing else to lose.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
I agree something in the 17-24 point range. There is nothing more dangerous than a team that at this point has nothing else to lose.
It's typically feast or famine for those types of teams. I would qualify Ole Miss as that type of team this season and they just completely imploded in our matchup.
Not sure what kind of Tennessee team will show up. I don't think they win either way but it could be an obnoxious game like A&M - or it could be a blowout.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
We will win handily but I do not think we will cover the spread. Saban has a tendency to take his foot off the gas early in matchups like this and I know tons of people that constantly lose money because of it.
Not only that, he actively gets irritated at TDs late in a blowout...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Tends to think in bumper sticker phrases.

[emoji23]

Cap doffed and shamelessly stolen for future use.

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
I'd add Coach Orgeron to that category. It's when you realize that "coachspeak" is the only speak they know and can use. In the case of Orgeron, you're left hoping that Cajun French really is his first language... :D

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
This game will be an absolute bloodbath. The UT offense STINKS.
Just being REALISTIC. Sometimes, that odd shaped ball bounces in ODD ways. Here's hoping that it doesn't on Saturday.

If 10RC were to win on Saturday, that would make their season. Sometimes, stuff just happens. Here's hoping it doesn't
happen on this Saturday.

I guess I need to go back and view that "I hate 10RC" youtube.

Here's hoping the 10RC offense STINKS real BAD this Saturday.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.