Bama a 33 Point Favorite Over ut

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I'd like to see a wider margin of victory than UGA had. Just to prove a point. :biggrin2:
Alabama already has a larger margin of victory over your other common opponents, but my pride wants to see the trend continue.

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I'd add Coach Orgeron to that category. It's when you realize that "coachspeak" is the only speak they know and can use. In the case of Orgeron, you're left hoping that Cajun French really is his first language... :D
After this week's game versus Auburn, he said....oh come on. Does anyone really ever understand a word that guy says?

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
Alabama already has a larger margin of victory over your other common opponents, but my pride wants to see the trend continue.
Most importantly I want our defense to get a shut out and allow fewer yards than Georgia. I'm greedy.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
I want to score so many points they come back out from halftime with a new head coach.

Saban4Ever

All-American
Sep 27, 2016
Cobb County GA
We just need to stop John Kelly, and Tennessee won't score a touchdown on offense. It would be great for us to not let them score at all. I don't want our team to be the one to let them score, but they are bound to score a touchdown at some point. I hope we score more than our high of 66 but I don't think that is realistic either.

The main thing is to not get complacent, make sure to finish strong, and hopefully we will have no injuries. We need to go into bye week and LSU week as healthy as can be for the stretch.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
We just need to stop John Kelly, and Tennessee won't score a touchdown on offense. It would be great for us to not let them score at all. I don't want our team to be the one to let them score, but they are bound to score a touchdown at some point. I hope we score more than our high of 66 but I don't think that is realistic either.

The main thing is to not get complacent, make sure to finish strong, and hopefully we will have no injuries. We need to go into bye week and LSU week as healthy as can be for the stretch.
I'm hoping we come out juiced for LSU with some starters back. In the meantime this is another one of those situations I hate where EVERYBODY expects us to pile on a ton of points and not give up any first downs, and if, God forbid, the score is like, 32-17, people will be asking "What's up with this team? Why did they struggle? They aren't ready for win a championship!" It's another week in the SEC and while, yes, I fully believe this team is capable of winning 52-0 we have to realize that as much of a mess as Tenn. is that they have the talent to pester us and any given week any one of these SEC teams can put it all together and cause us to doubt ourselves. I don't see it going that way, but nothing but a loss is going to make me truly worry about this teams potential.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
As it's the eighth game in a row, I'll be happy with a one point win...

... but I'd be even happier if Bama wins by 52 or more, setting the all time record scoring deficit against ut (51-0 in 1906).

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
What does the score keeper do if we go into triple digits????? This actually could happen if Nick really wanted to run it up. Has that ever happened at any level of football? triple digits?

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
What does the score keeper do if we go into triple digits????? This actually could happen if Nick really wanted to run it up. Has that ever happened at any level of football? triple digits?
LOL, first of all, that will absolutely not happen. Not in a million years. Saban would punt on first down the entire second half to avoid that.

Second, many, many teams have scored 100+ in college football games (it happened as recently as 2003): https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/List_of_100-point_games_in_college_football

Third, if at all possible, I'd love for Bama to eclipse Georgia Tech's record against Cumberland (222-0), but see point one above.

Fourth, tennessee might not be a good football team, but they have lots of talent. Despite their coaching, even if Saban wanted to RUTS, there's no way Bama would score 100 points.

For the record, Bama beat Marion Military Institute 110-0 in 1922.

I suspect many people are going to be disappointed after this game - there seem to be a lot of expectations for Bama to win in a cake walk. tennessee is a talented rival, and while I expect a victory, I don't expect a blow out that some of you seem to be...

Last edited:

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
Since UGA beat them by 41 points I think a key question is whether or not that means anything to anyone on our team. Does that mean anything to Coach Saban? A matter of pride may come into play and also a psychological game with UGA. Since that was the score at Knoxville would the team be satisfied to beat UT by less at home and give UGA perhaps more confidence that they could compete with us in a SECCG? Maybe I'm putting to much emphasis on the psychological game but I think it would be better to try and bury them and have a bigger win over two common opponents with UGA, with Vandy being the other. We still have Miss. St. and Auburn to play so that will be another two common opponents with UGA.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I know it is not going to happen, but somewhere it must have happened maybe in high school or at some level. Spurrier would have if he had been able to LOL Never mind just saw link in above post, man that would be funny

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.