Early Odds for Week 8 (2017) Games of Note

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
And we are down to the nitty gritty. The contenders are separating themselves from the pretenders.

As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling or any degenerate behavior of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy!!

• Houston is favored by 3 over Memphis
  • After setting the college football world on its ear, Syracuse goes to Miami (FL) as a 14.5pt underdog
  • In the first 3rd of a gauntlet for Penn St. coming off a bye (Michigan, Ohio St. Mich St.), Penn St opened as a 12 (!!) point favorite over Michigan. That number quickly shrunk to 10 points.
  • Wisconsin is favored by 24 over Maryland
  • TCU is favored by 37.5 over Kansas
  • Missouri is a 14 pt favorite over Idaho
  • Kentucky (quietly still very much in the SEC East race) travels to Starkville as a 10.5 pt underdog
  • Alabama is a 34 pt favorite over Tennessee. (Mack's note: Yikes)
  • Oklahoma St. is a 7pt favorite over Texas
  • No line for Auburn/Arkansas yet, with Austin Allen's status up in the air.
  • Florida St. is somehow a 7pt favorite over Louisville
  • Notre Dame is favored by 4.5 over USC
  • Oklahoma is a 12.5 pt favorite over Kansas St.
  • LSU is a 7.5pt favorite in Oxford vs. Ole Miss
  • Washington St. is a 10.5 pt favorite over Colorado

Enjoy the games!!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
34 should be a goal to meet and exceed for UT . One team other than auburn, where winning is nice, but humiliation is just satisfying. I like it when the score runs the aubs back to the bunkers for a year. So tired of all the talk from them. Shut em down, shut em out, shut em up.

PA Tide Fan

All-American
Dec 11, 2014
Lancaster, PA
I'll take Bama (-34) over Tennessee. UGA beat these guys 41-0 at Knoxville. I don't know if our guys look at that score as a challenge or not. We already beat Vandy by a bigger margin than UGA did. Maybe beating UT by a big margin is good for getting inside UGA's head for a possible SECCG. If we bring our "A" game we will cover.

Last edited:

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
And we are down to the nitty gritty. The contenders are separating themselves from the pretenders.

As always, TideFans.com neither endorses nor condones any gambling or any degenerate behavior of any kind. The numbers below are for entertainment purposes only. Enjoy!!

• Houston is favored by 3 over Memphis
  • After setting the college football world on its ear, Syracuse goes to Miami (FL) as a 14.5pt underdog
  • In the first 3rd of a gauntlet for Penn St. coming off a bye (Michigan, Ohio St. Mich St.), Penn St opened as a 12 (!!) point favorite over Michigan. That number quickly shrunk to 10 points.
  • Wisconsin is favored by 24 over Maryland
  • TCU is favored by 37.5 over Kansas
  • Missouri is a 14 pt favorite over Idaho
  • Kentucky (quietly still very much in the SEC East race) travels to Starkville as a 10.5 pt underdog
  • Alabama is a 34 pt favorite over Tennessee. (Mack's note: Yikes)
  • Oklahoma St. is a 7pt favorite over Texas
  • No line for Auburn/Arkansas yet, with Austin Allen's status up in the air.
  • Florida St. is somehow a 7pt favorite over Louisville
  • Notre Dame is favored by 4.5 over USC
  • Oklahoma is a 12.5 pt favorite over Kansas St.
  • LSU is a 7.5pt favorite in Oxford vs. Ole Miss
  • Washington St. is a 10.5 pt favorite over Colorado

Enjoy the games!!
Wow! at the Penitentiary St and Hail St lines. Didn't expect that.

TDBama78

All-American
Jul 11, 2007
Here goes, if you had to go with one game this weekend on the rotation what would it be. I know there are some pretty sharp cookies within the tidefans braintrust , so give it some thought and post them up and let's see how we do.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Here goes, if you had to go with one game this weekend on the rotation what would it be. I know there are some pretty sharp cookies within the tidefans braintrust , so give it some thought and post them up and let's see how we do.
I like Auburn over Arkansas BIG. The line is ~15, Auburn is going to be angry and Arkansas is ready to totally collapse.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I really think USC could bear Notre Dame. I am not one of the football smart people here though so I could be wrong.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
I don't. USC has not impressed me much this year, while Notre Dame has actually looked pretty solid. I would take Notre Dame minus the 4.5. Of course, I'm no gambler, so it is easy for me to say.
Yeah, I never put money on games, but i do like to look at the lines and speculate. I might change my picks if I had real money on games.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I really think USC could bear Notre Dame. I am not one of the football smart people here though so I could be wrong.
Hey the SMART guys from ESPN paid millions and are wrong more than right, no one KNOWS how games will end. That is why they play them.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.