2018 Prospect: *** PG Jared Butler Updates SIGNS with Bama ***

RammaJamma10

1st Team
Dec 5, 2006
Harvest, AL
Re: *** PG Jared Butler Updates Commits to Bama ***

Went to a golf event where CAJ was a speaker and played 9 holes before having to meet other obligations. Ironically enough, it was the morning the FBI story came out. We're standing on the first tee and reading twitter and CAJ rides by on the phone probably getting news. Anyway, the point I came to make was that CAJ mentioned that while we were all psyched for this 2017 class, that the 2019 class was shaping up to be even better.

The future looks really bright for basketball, and I can't wait.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Went to a golf event where CAJ was a speaker and played 9 holes before having to meet other obligations. Ironically enough, it was the morning the FBI story came out. We're standing on the first tee and reading twitter and CAJ rides by on the phone probably getting news. Anyway, the point I came to make was that CAJ mentioned that while we were all psyched for this 2017 class, that the 2019 class was shaping up to be even better.

The future looks really bright for basketball, and I can't wait.
The 2019 class could be ridiculous.

Alabama is very much in James Wiseman (#2 player) and Trendon Watford (#13 player)'s recruitments. Not to mention what a NCAA run along with two one-and-done guys this season would do.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Alabama is very much in James Wiseman (#2 player) and Trendon Watford (#13 player)'s recruitments. Not to mention what a NCAA run along with two one-and-done guys this season would do.
Hear Woodward is announcing tomorrow. He has MSU ties. Any chance we get him

You thinking Petty may be the other one and done?

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)

Appears that James Wiseman ruled ineligible for 2017-2018 high school season but is appealing.

Two Memphis East basketball players have been ruled ineligible for the 2017-18 season after the TSSAA determined Wednesday the school had violated the state's "prior link" rule for transfers.

Though the statement does not name the players, there are two who have moved to East and had a prior athletic connection with East head coach Penny Hardaway: Ryan Boyce and James Wiseman.

drwho

Suspended
Dec 11, 2013

Not to mention what a NCAA run along with two one-and-done guys this season would do.
True, but that's ultimately up to the NBA and their CBA.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

True, but that's ultimately up to the NBA and their CBA.
What would the CBA have to do with it? I'm talking about two guys players on the current roster (possibly Sexton and Petty) being one-and-done.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

If Avery starts pulling in a bunch of guys who are "one and done" that will be fine with me because it'll mean we're having great seasons with probably deep runs into the tourney.

They'll always be the 4-5 year guys to bring stability but if there's one or two "one and done" players almost every year we'll be cookin'!

Last edited:

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
So, what happened to Butler in Tuscaloosa ?
To my understanding, he was unable to be medically cleared to play at Bama ... I think it was the same thing when he committed to Arkansas as well. How he was cleared for Baylor is a mystery to me. Kira re-classified to come play for us once Jared was unable to play here. All I can say was Jared was grossly underrated. He was ranked 97th nationally on the 247 composite ranking (247 actually had him at 88).

On a side note ... looking back at this tread shows we've really progressed leaps and bounds in recruiting lol

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.