2017 Week 8 Game Week Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conference Updates, etc.)

Rush

All-American
Jul 5, 2011
Ontario, Canada
thing is, for the 2015 game, tenpenny had just passed away the week before the game. i am still convinced that had a lot to do with how we played during that game. and i think that was a much better 10essee team than we will see tomorrow.

just speaking for myself, since saban arrived i expect us to show up and win convincingly (especially against 10essee). much more often than not (especially against 10essee) that happens. i expect the same tomorrow.
Great post, brother...

Found myself thinking about the whole Tenpenny sitch just the other day...

Still breaks my heart, to put it mildly...

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
I'm actually predicting a bit of a down week for the Tide. We always struggle in the week before the off week just before the LSU game, but I don't see us losing. I think we are going to lean heavily on our run game because the Vols, well lets face it their run defense is trash, especially vs their pass defense which is actually pretty stiff. So I expect a short, possibly slightly boring game, I mean boring if you are one of those people who loves passing. I for one love watching our run game carve up someone like a roast. Because "if" it's going, there's really nothing you can do about it.

However having said all that I'm about convinced that Tennessee will dump their 4-2-5 defense entirely and come at us with some variant of 8 in the box with safeties all over the place clogging the lanes and forcing Jalen to throw the ball to get things moving.

I guess I have no clue what's going to happen. All I know is that watching film is useless for the Tide because everybody spends three times as much planning to play Alabama and they usually roll out something totally unseen prior to that.
It's reasonable to expect Tennessee to go with a lot of 8 men in the box.
It's also reasonable for us to scheme a few good one on one routes that should burn them. Our backs ought to be able to run thru their defenses and pile up a lot of yards... Eating the clock.
Sometime in the Third Quarter their fans should start slipping out of our stadium, a trickle, then a Tidal Wave... If we play em hard, Botch and his coaches will wish they could slip out too.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.