Opinions on our defense

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The fact Kirby prefers a more bend but don't break mold of defense with bigger guys across the front is why I think we're in a favorable matchup against UGA if we see them this season.
Your defense also matches up perfectly with their offense, and they have a true freshman at QB. They will make the SECCG, but they will lose along the way.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Saban is still our best recruiter, he not only recruits great players, he recruits great assistants. He does this by offering one great thing, the ability for them to move to the next level, be it a player to NFL or assistant to HC job. As long as Saban is here he will stock us with great players and coaches. 10 yrs and so far so good, as players and assistants have come and gone, yet we are still doing great. Proof is in the pudding.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
My point is that after serving 4 games he did play throughout the season and I know they targeted him couple of times......... But whatever.

Sent from my SM-G955U using Tapatalk

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
I understand where you are coming from but it's just a bit harsh. They may be the 2 highest rated cb's to sign with Bama and neither really reached their potential imo. I'm just not sure we are better off with Levi Wallace than we were with MH. He's playing really well but has given up some plays himself and there's a lot of games left.

My point is that after serving 4 games he did play throughout the season and I know they targeted him couple of times......... But whatever.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I understand where you are coming from but it's just a bit harsh. They may be the 2 highest rated cb's to sign with Bama and neither really reached their potential imo. I'm just not sure we are better off with Levi Wallace than we were with MH. He's playing really well but has given up some plays himself and there's a lot of games left.
Levi doesn't have the foot speed which MH has and that may be a problem at the next level, but he's the highest rated CB in the country on Pro Focus, I think...

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
I dont think I'm being harsh toward Marlon. He almost never turned his head anytime they threw his ball his way. He was very good CB, but that was his only knock Levi Wallace is very good sound player who does things the right way. Doesn't matter who's 5 star or walk on. His play this season is better than Marlon last year due to his stats.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Every play and every game is different so for me it is hard to compare them. Both good in their own ways. As long as they wear crimson I will cheer them on and hope for only the best for both of them.

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The first four times RB's flared out in the TAM game nobody picked them up. Finally either the players are the coaching staff wised-up and one of the LB's started covering the RB. After a couple or so times of the play being covered, I believe TAM quit running it.

I don't recall not covering the RB being a problem in the Arkansas game. It didn't standout in any way. Maybe Arkansas didn't flare out a RB.
That is a great example of poor coaching by beliema. I can guarantee that you will see Butch Jones employ it on Saturday!

bamacpa

All-American
Jul 19, 2006
While I don't have stats to compare, it feels like Levi has broken up more passes than Marlon did. Marlon was a physical corner for us, and probably still has his best football ahead of him. He ran track in the summers in high school instead of 7 on 7, so I expected him to be raw at the outset. The secondary looks like to my untrained eye that they are playing tighter coverage this year than maybe any year under Saban.
Levi doesn't have the foot speed which MH has and that may be a problem at the next level, but he's the highest rated CB in the country on Pro Focus, I think...

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
While I don't have stats to compare, it feels like Levi has broken up more passes than Marlon did. Marlon was a physical corner for us, and probably still has his best football ahead of him. He ran track in the summers in high school instead of 7 on 7, so I expected him to be raw at the outset. The secondary looks like to my untrained eye that they are playing tighter coverage this year than maybe any year under Saban.
LINK

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.