2017 SEC Media Days (10/18)

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
Media picks Bama to finish fourth in the conference...

I was just about to post the article on it ... a lot of good praise about our team if folks are picking them to finish that high. Also could mean a potential Big Dance bid as well. If they gel and play as a team, I thing our boys will end up shocking a lot of people. But they have to be focused and play as a team though. Don't buy into the rat poison.

dayhiker

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Dec 8, 2000
Pell City, AL
Only two UK players on the first and second team is a bit of a surprise to me. I don't keep up with them though.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds
Three true frosh on these two preseason selections . .. Not sure if that says the league has some phenomenal young players or that it isn't particularly well stocked with returning talent.

Maybe both?

edwd58

All-American
Aug 2, 2006
Auburn at 9th, I wonder if that is with the players that should be ineligible or without them. Hmmm...

Rama Jama

All-American
Jan 4, 2011
Tuscaloosa
Auburn at 9th, I wonder if that is with the players that should be ineligible or without them. Hmmm...
I would guess with the kids they are practicing which is everyone. I still don't see how here they can get away without suspending the 2 kids mentioned in the indictment. I suspect we'll see the "he didn't know" defense rolled out again ala Scam.

I saw the Tipoff club practice Tuesday. All I have to say Is "Buckle up Bama". It is going to be a fun season.

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
I am guessing South Carolina lost most of their top players to graduation or the draft with them being #11 after being in the Final 4 last year.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Braxton Key looks thinner in the picture. Leaner and faster. That would be a good thing. I don't think freshman should be on the Pre-season All-SEC team. Haven't played a single minute and they're All-SEC? Just my opinion.

day-day

Hall of Fame
Jan 2, 2005
Bartlett, TN (Memphis area)
Braxton Key looks thinner in the picture. Leaner and faster. That would be a good thing. I don't think freshman should be on the Pre-season All-SEC team. Haven't played a single minute and they're All-SEC? Just my opinion.
I agree. I haven't paid attention but I suspect that several freshmen make All-SEC every year so folks are just going with the trend. I don't see the need for any pre-season All-SEC team but keep freshmen off for sure.

PitMaster

Suspended
Aug 24, 2015
I think this is more of a catering to Kentucky type thing, but I agree. Preseason no postseason yes

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.