Predict UTe v Alabama score thread

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
For those of you that do not recall the dark days of the Bama -UT game. This and Phat Phil are 2 of the reasons I agree with the youtube guy. I hate Tennessee.

[FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Tennessee 51, Alabama 43, Oct. 25, 2003[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The Vols battled Alabama through five overtimes before finally outlasting the Crimson Tide for their third consecutive win at Bryant-Denny Stadium in Tuscaloosa, Ala. After leading UT on an 81-yard scoring drive in the final two minutes to force overtime, senior quarterback Casey Clausen connected with C.J. Fayton for a 29-yard pass on fourth-and-19 in the third overtime, ran for a 1-yard touchdown in the fifth overtime and connected with James Banks on the two-point conversion. Vols defensive back Jason Allen then batted away a fourth-down pass in the end zone to preserve the victory, which remains Tennessee’s most recent win in Tuscaloosa.

I went to the game with our neighbors, we didnt get back to the lake house on Lay Lake until 2 am. I will never forget that 4 down pass. We listened to the post game show on the radio on the way back and I was thinking I recall us owning UT in the 70's and I really wondered where the program was. And to think it was Fulmer whom poured gasoline on the NCAA fire. Now hes back in some capacity with UT and will get to witness their 11th loss in a row to us. 38-3 [/FONT]
I don't begrudge the on the field losses. It was one of the most enjoyable rivalries in football. When computers came along, I and relatives or friends would send GIFs back and forth making fun of the other. All that was ruined by one obsessed, fat-butted doughnut addict. Now, they can wallow in the mediocrity he led them into. Karma...

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
I don't begrudge the on the field losses. It was one of the most enjoyable rivalries in football. When computers came along, I and relatives or friends would send GIFs back and forth making fun of the other. All that was ruined by one obsessed, fat-butted doughnut addict. Now, they can wallow in the mediocrity he led them into. Karma...
Absolutely. Fulmer destroyed a once-great rivalry with friendships and respect on both sides.

Sep 30, 2002
Knoxville, TN USA
Oh, and while I'm thinking about it.....

Hey, Peyton. Remember how hilarious it was that time you led the UT band in Rocky Top while you were beating us in Legion Field? Remember how "cute" everyone on the UT side thought it was? Remember the UT fans singing along with their rendition of Sweet Home Alabama as "We Own Alabama?"

cindym

All-SEC
Oct 14, 2009
saraland, al
Teeeenheeeee! I stepped over to the viles board and laughed my head off! They had a pick em score ! They called us tater diggers! Funniest thing I've read in a while ! loved it ! Man those viles fans are a riot

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Looked at the volnation link in previous post, seems they feel the same as most hereLOL

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Should be a big win but I'm getting a little concerned about team mentality this week. Coach hasn't been happy with practice this week at all and just said as much in his radio show. Wouldn't be surprised if it's tighter than it should be.

BamaInCummingGA#1

Scout Team
Jun 8, 2017
Cumming,GA
I think we win pretty handily even if we do look a little sluggish for a bit. UT is just not good and their coaching is......well.......pretty lackluster. We probably get another wake up call with LSU or MSST.

RollinTider1335

All-SEC
Jun 12, 2010
Spring Hill, TN
Perfectly stated, Earle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RedWave

All-SEC
Sep 26, 2000
Arlington, Tx
I really dislike the way this rivalry is. I prefer healthy, fun rivalries. Tennessee used to be one and Fulmer ruined that for me. Auburn should be the team I hate the most, but because of Fulmer, Tennessee is. I actually thought that Dooley was going to be the guy to help smooth things back to a healthy rivalry, but when he didn't work out, they brought in another very unlikeable guy. I can't stand their coaches. I hate that stupid song. I hate their colors. Heck, they even made me totally dislike a certain breed of dog, and I love dogs. I don't know that I will ever have a respectful feeling for UT again. And that saddens me.

Roll Tide

49-3

bamamc1

Hall of Fame
Oct 24, 2011
Haleyville, AL
Man, that thread while true is very sad. Even when we were bad I always thought we could rise up and beat people because we were Alabama.
If you look back when Shula was here and we had all the limitations, I don't ever remember us getting killed very many times. AU brags about the 6 in a row but look at the scores of those games....

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
If you look back when Shula was here and we had all the limitations, I don't ever remember us getting killed very many times. AU brags about the 6 in a row but look at the scores of those games....
Nope, we were still 'competitive', even under Shula:
2003 (4-9): worst loss was 27-3 to the eventual NC LSU Tigers. Next worse loss was 15 points, and the average loss for the season was 9.6 ppg.
2004 (6-6): worst loss was 17 points (twice, to Arky and USCe), average loss for the season was 11 ppg.
2005 (10-2): worst loss was 10 points to the barn, average loss for the season was 7 ppg.
2006 (6-6): worst loss was 15 points to the eventual NC Florida Gators, average loss for the season was 8 ppg.

So the worst loss in the four seasons under Shula was 17 points. Bama was mid-pack at that time, but never as bad as tennessee is right now...

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
I don't get the predictions having the Vols scoring multiple TDs.

They might score 1, but that'll probably be in garbage time or a fluke or busted play and I seriously doubt it would matter.

But I don't see anyway they score 3 or 4 tds. They haven't score one since Sept. 23 against UMass and they only score 2 that day...against UMass!!!

Bama: 52

Vols: 3

Last edited:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.