2018 Prospect: ****DL Christian Barmore SIGNS with Alabama****

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Re: DL Christian Barmore

No doubt about that. If anybody can pull him away though it will be Saban.
Certainly agree. I also believe that we`re embarking on a far more competitive recruiting landscape due to Kirby at UGA than has been the case at any time CNS has been at Alabama . I personally think we`ll be in a war with them for most quality recruits of note moving forward. I also look for Kirby to shut down the pipeline to the barn out of Georgia.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

Certainly agree. I also believe that we`re embarking on a far more competitive recruiting landscape due to Kirby at UGA than has been the case at any time CNS has been at Alabama . I personally think we`ll be in a war with them for most quality recruits of note moving forward. I also look for Kirby to shut down the pipeline to the barn out of Georgia.
Agreed - but there is a TON of talent coming out of Georgia and we should still be able to get our share. But it will be more difficult for sure.

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007

Surprisingly, Bama has not gotten as many meaningful players from Georgia as I had thought, certainly not that UGA was interested in. Had a few like Jackson, Hanks and Hubbard that were more fringe type recruits that were developed into solid or better players. More from Florida and Louisiana.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

Agreed - but there is a TON of talent coming out of Georgia and we should still be able to get our share. But it will be more difficult for sure.

agree. there is not one coach that is going to shut out Bama or Auburn or even Florida out of Georgia. the state has just too many studs to go around.
now Kirby might get the Top 10 or perhaps 5 to 6 of the Top 10, but the rest of the best are going elsewhere. its been the case for years and don't see it changing anytime soon. I am one that never prescribes to that notion that a single coach is going to be able to do that all by himself esp. in state such as Georgia. the same can be said for Florida/California/Texas.

https://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?State=GA

Emory Jones and JJ Petersen will be ours soon enough.
Quay Walker will stick to Bama.

3 out of the Top 15 are Bama. not bad huh?

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

agree. there is not one coach that is going to shut out Bama or Auburn or even Florida out of Georgia. the state has just too many studs to go around.
now Kirby might get the Top 10 or perhaps 5 to 6 of the Top 10, but the rest of the best are going elsewhere. its been the case for years and don't see it changing anytime soon. I am one that never prescribes to that notion that a single coach is going to be able to do that all by himself esp. in state such as Georgia. the same can be said for Florida/California/Texas.

https://www.scout.com/Season/2018-Football/RecruitRankings?State=GA

Emory Jones
and JJ Petersen will be ours soon enough.
Quay Walker will stick to Bama.

3 out of the Top 15 are Bama. not bad huh?
What makes you think so ? Not saying it can`t happen but he looks buckeye to me. Hope you`re right, though.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

What makes you think so ? Not saying it can`t happen but he looks buckeye to me. Hope you`re right, though.
Hard to tell what will happen but don't think you can say Buckeye. Going to be close either way and hoping he goes with the good guys.

sanjosecrimson

Hall of Fame
May 18, 2007
San Jose, California

from all indications, Ohio St mods feel that he is a soft verbal at best. Jones wants to stay close to home and his multiple visits to TTown are all good signs that a flip will soon happen.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I mean, we are Alabama after all and annually a fixture in the top 5 and in the playoff. The fact that we can give him playing time immediately and really "need" his contribution should convince him that this is his future home.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Uh oh !! I think that this thread got headed away from Christian Barmore because of a question I asked about Emory Jones. My apologies, and we need to get this back on Mr. Barmore. He`s a major priority I would think with our needs on the inside of the D line.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

from all indications, Ohio St mods feel that he is a soft verbal at best. Jones wants to stay close to home and his multiple visits to TTown are all good signs that a flip will soon happen.
I am not disagreeing with you, but the OSU staff is feeling better and better about his sticking. We will know soon enough.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover

I am not disagreeing with you, but the OSU staff is feeling better and better about his sticking. We will know soon enough.
Has he made a visit B1G? All I know is the kid played football one year in Philly and everyone wants him. His friend committed to the Ducks then he got blown away by an offer from Taggart. Saban has had an in home and expect the red carpet to be rolled out this weekend in Title Town. If his Mom is on the trip, which I fully expect she will, we are going to be hard to beat. That is especially true if he is convinced to sign early in a couple of weeks.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

Has he made a visit B1G? All I know is the kid played football one year in Philly and everyone wants him. His friend committed to the Ducks then he got blown away by an offer from Taggart. Saban has had an in home and expect the red carpet to be rolled out this weekend in Title Town. If his Mom is on the trip, which I fully expect she will, we are going to be hard to beat. That is especially true if he is convinced to sign early in a couple of weeks.
You guys are talking about two different kids because I confused the thread a few posts back. B1G is talking about Emory Jones, not Christian Barmore.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL

Let me recant on this one. MIGHT be some issues getting qualified in time. I will rejoice if it works out. But this answers your questions on the Billy Ferrell offer. And, yes, Ferrell is a story similar to Jacobs. Under the radar diamond in the rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Let me recant on this one. MIGHT be some issues getting qualified in time. I will rejoice if it works out. But this answers your questions on the Billy Ferrell offer. And, yes, Ferrell is a story similar to Jacobs. Under the radar diamond in the rough

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hoping Christian can somehow get qualified. Good to know on Ferrell. Very impressed with his video.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.