New Facility Coming to Campus? Byrne and Others Touring Facilities

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Who is your first ballot Hall of Famer? Derrick Thomas for me
Bama has had so many great players on both side of the ball over the years. But Derrick always was my deep down favorite. he just played like his life depended on every play. His early death hit me like a family member. So young so good, he was one of the nicest guys I ever met from a bama team. He really seemed to like interacting with fans. I truly think he was one of the few that really got it, the whole life thing. His smile would cheer up anyone.

Last edited by a moderator:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
New basketball arena first. Then new swimming facility. Then HOF.

First ten in football HOF, in no particular order:
Don Hutson
John Hannah
Dwight Stephenson
Lee Roy Jordan
Derrick Thomas
Cornelius Bennett
Joe Namath
Kenny Stabler
Fred Sington
Johnny Mack Brown

I know I've left off dozens of candidates. But if you want to put in somebody else, you gotta say who gets booted and why.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Don Hutson
John Hannah
Dwight Stephenson
Lee Roy Jordan
Derrick Thomas
Cornelius Bennett
Joe Namath
Kenny Stabler
Fred Sington
Johnny Mack Brown

I know I've left off dozens of candidates. But if you want to put in somebody else, you gotta say who gets booted and why.
Also some guy by the name of Paul Bryant(As a player and a coach).

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I hear it on good authority the new building is for trophies, we are expecting to expand beyond current areas capacity :biggrin:

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Also some guy by the name of Paul Bryant(As a player and a coach).
No need to boot we have plenty of time to get all the greats in, just make sure the blueprints for building factors in expansion. I feel this building will need to grow for a long time.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
I hear it on good authority the new building is for trophies, we are expecting to expand beyond current areas capacity :biggrin:
The times I've done the podcast from the Bryant Museum with Taylor and his bunch, they put us in a room where there are about two dozen trophies they don't have display room for. And these are not insignificant trophies: Bowl trophies, I think some conference-related stuff in there, just a ton of memorabilia that if we were Vanderbilt, they would have it sitting under a neon sign in the middle of Music Row. But at Alabama it's sitting on the floor in the corner of a boardroom with an empty Coke can sitting in it.

bama579

Hall of Fame
Jan 15, 2005
The Chukker or Archibalds

Don Hutson
John Hannah
Dwight Stephenson
Lee Roy Jordan
Derrick Thomas
Cornelius Bennett
Joe Namath
Kenny Stabler
Fred Sington
Johnny Mack Brown

Dixie Howell in . . . Johnny Mack Brown - not this time. In addition to Alabama, early NFL, and collegiate head coaching, also MLB . . . pitcher, i think.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I would love for us to build something that could allow our football team's plunder to stretch out a bit :D

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.