Alabama great Lee Roy Jordan writes a new book

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
One of my favorite Alabama players of all time was 1960's LB Lee Roy Jordan. I was a young child at the time he played for Bama, but his 1st cousin went to my church that my Dad pastored and were close friends. We were so proud of Lee Roy both when he played for Bama and for the Dallas Cowboys. Truly a great player and tough, classy man. It sounds like his book will be pretty awesome. He had the same author help him write it that helped Mal Moore write his book. So proud of him!

https://www.tidesports.com/lee-roy-elvis-stories-alabama-great/

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
Will definitely be buying this. Next to Brian Bosworth of Oklahoma I personally think he’s the best to ever play the college game at the linebacker position.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
ushing
Will definitely be buying this. Next to Brian Bosworth of Oklahoma I personally think he’s the best to ever play the college game at the linebacker position.
He was great, but no one played it better Than Bama's own, Derrick Thomas. Only player better than a Bama guy could be another Bama guy. Not putting Leroy down,in his day he was the best, but Derrick was a freak of nature with his size speed and just his love of crushing QB's.

Al A Bama

Hall of Fame
Jun 24, 2011
Now, how many TACKLES did he have against the Sooners in that Orange Bowl with JFK in attendance?

78Alum

All-American
Aug 1, 2007
Alabaster, AL
That would be 31. He was amazing. Loved DT but he was a different kind of LB in a different era. There was only one Lee Roy.

Bazza

TideFans Legend
Oct 1, 2011
New Smyrna Beach, Florida
One of my favorite Alabama players of all time was 1960's LB Lee Roy Jordan. I was a young child at the time he played for Bama, but his 1st cousin went to my church that my Dad pastored and were close friends. We were so proud of Lee Roy both when he played for Bama and for the Dallas Cowboys. Truly a great player and tough, classy man. It sounds like his book will be pretty awesome. He had the same author help him write it that helped Mal Moore write his book. So proud of him!

https://www.tidesports.com/lee-roy-elvis-stories-alabama-great/
I enjoyed reading the linked article.....thank you!

CrimsonSEC

Hall of Fame
Jan 8, 2007
Brewton
Pretty sure I saw a YouTube video of that guy on World Of Warcraft....oh wait!

He is one I wish I had been around to watch play.

That would be Jenkins.:D

Derrick and Lee Roy were different types of linebackers. While Thomas was an unparalleled edge rusher, Jordan was a middle linebacker tackling machine.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
ushing

He was great, but no one played it better Than Bama's own, Derrick Thomas. Only player better than a Bama guy could be another Bama guy. Not putting Leroy down,in his day he was the best, but Derrick was a freak of nature with his size speed and just his love of crushing QB's.
I respect that opinion, Derrick was a great LB. Considering that we’ve had four Butkus Award winners, I can appreciate how others might not agree with me on this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.