2018 Class Predictions (Moved Posts from Tremblay Thread)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Agreed on Cunningham. Big kid but seems to be a one gap DT, does not appear to have much quickness or speed.
It`s tough right now no doubt, but we`re not to a point where we just need bodies. I certainly don`t expect that to be the case as long as CNS is at Alabama.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
After this weekend, I have to think we just need to be patient to see what coaches are fired or leave on their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
After this weekend, I have to think we just need to be patient to see what coaches are fired or leave on their own.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
This is true. It`s going to be a jumble ( and a jungle ) out there. Hard to imagine everybody that`s committed right now standing pat.

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
This is true. It`s going to be a jumble ( and a jungle ) out there. Hard to imagine everybody that`s committed right now standing pat.
Agreed, there is a lot of football yet to play this season AND major turmoil at many of our rivals regarding coaching turnover. I suspect we will get exactly what we need in this cycle. We are going to get our guys and it will most certainly come at another school's expense.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
For reference purposes, we are currently #16 in the 247 w/ 12 commits. Our average points per player is currently #6 which is best in the SEC and with the higher profile guys we are after and expect to sign it will get higher. A couple of our commits (OL Bell/ATH Jackson) will get big bumps when they re-evaluate. Clemson is currently #18 with 11 commits and I expect us and them to finish top 5 if not top 3.

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC
For reference purposes, we are currently #16 in the 247 w/ 12 commits. Our average points per player is currently #6 which is best in the SEC and with the higher profile guys we are after and expect to sign it will get higher. A couple of our commits (OL Bell/ATH Jackson) will get big bumps when they re-evaluate. Clemson is currently #18 with 11 commits and I expect us and them to finish top 5 if not top 3.
Wait, you mean CNS hasn't forgot how to recruit like some apparently think???

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn
Re: DL Caleb Tremblay

Clemson is getting all the CB's right now. I just think and hope when it gets to crunch time Saban and staff will close on him. Rarely do we lose a top 2-3 player to an out of state team.
Went and seen Ross play tonight kid is the real deal. I hope we get him he had a unbelievable one hander tonight for a touchdown with a db draped all over him. Henry Ruggs brother was playing in the game as well he is a baller too. Plays both defense and offense.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I do most of my reading from my phone so I have trouble with the blue font. I'm sure he's a solid source.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Our friendship goes back over 20 years. We swap information semi-regularly. I'd admit he usually knows something before I know it... :)

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Aaron Suttles said on twitter that judging by the current buzz, Alabama is poised to close strong in its 2018 recruiting class.
It appears to me that we`re in good shape to meet our needs at DB and DE. Just need to find a couple of DT`s , ideally that would be game ready by next year. Certainly could include a JUCO. Otherwise. we may have to slide someone who`s better suited for DE. Interested in everyone`s opinion on this.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.