2018 Class Predictions (Moved Posts from Tremblay Thread)

bodiddle

All-SEC
May 14, 2006
Only reasons we would lose him to Washington are the ones outside of comparing the football programs. I believe this class will be fine though, we of course won't be number one because of sheer number reasons but we will have a talented class and a class of need. Now if we falter in years 19, 20 and 21 then can be some cause for alarm. but I fully expect us to have a top 5 team in 2019 just because of the number of players we're losing alone.
Well, Parks will count in this class so that should give us a total of 23 signees and the normal number is 25. So we are so close to a full class that if we aren't rated as a top 5 group we will be below the quality we usually sign.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Re: DL Caleb Tremblay

Well, Parks will count in this class so that should give us a total of 23 signees and the normal number is 25. So we are so close to a full class that if we aren't rated as a top 5 group we will be below the quality we usually sign.
I thought that Alabama's class was going to be below 20 this year.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I thought that Alabama's class was going to be below 20 this year.
Saban said during the offseason they hoped to sign 22. I have 14 scholarship seniors on the team with possibly 6 guys declaring early for the draft.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

Saban said during the offseason they hoped to sign 22. I have 14 scholarship seniors on the team with possibly 6 guys declaring early for the draft.
2 or 3 paying their way is usually what we have every year anyway it seems.

Wonder what the hang up is. Saban plays freshmen and at worst you get a free agent tryout here lately. You play for championships and get mentioned for awards. Even if it's just a "business decision" I'm not sure how you couldn't pick Alabama if they offered.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I heard 22 also. If we sign 22 guys we will be in the top 5 for sure and IMO top 3. We will close with a hoard of highly rated 4* and 5* guys.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

Sorry for the confusion, when I said "in 2019", was meaning the 2019 recruiting class.

Back on topic tho, Tremblay looks like a solid recruit, hoping we can get him.

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

I heard 22 also. If we sign 22 guys we will be in the top 5 for sure and IMO top 3. We will close with a hoard of highly rated 4* and 5* guys.
So who do you think we close with, TiderJ? :confused:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

So who do you think we close with, TiderJ? :confused:
I will give you my guess as of now. I don't have a OL or LB on this list but we will sign 1 or 2 of each I'm sure.

DT's
Bobby Brown
Tremblay
Christian Barmore

DB's
Savion Smith
Tyson Cambell
Nadeb Joseph

RB
Harold Joiner or Asa Martin (still may flip him)

WR's
Jaylen Waddle
Justin Watkins
Justyn Ross

QB
Jarran Williams (don't think we will flip Emory Jones)

Blindside13

All-SEC
Oct 22, 2011
Near the Barn

I will give you my guess as of now. I don't have a OL or LB on this list but we will sign 1 or 2 of each I'm sure.

DT's
Bobby Brown
Tremblay
Christian Barmore

DB's
Savion Smith
Tyson Cambell
Nadeb Joseph

RB
Harold Joiner or Asa Martin (still may flip him)

WR's
Jaylen Waddle
Justin Watkins
Justyn Ross

I live in Phenix City and I hope you are correct on Ross but currently it seems he is all about Clemson according to chatter around town.

tidefan82

1st Team
Aug 16, 2000
Opp,Alabama,U.S.

TE-Luke Ford
DE-Eyabi Anoma
LB-J.J. Peterson
OT-Penei Sewell
WR-Seth Williams
WR-Jaylen Waddle
DT-Caleb Tremblay
DT-Bobby Brown
S-Nadab Joseph
CB-Savion Smith

Other possiblities:
OG-Emil Ekiyor
S-Myles Mason
WR-Joseph Scates
Ath-Jarren Williams
DT-Jalen Cunningham
CB-Josh Jobe
LB-Kevontae Ruggs
DT-Christian Barmore
DT-Teair Tart-Spencer
DT-Jeffery Johnson
WR-Justin Watkins
RB-Zamir White (If James Cook commits to Georgia)
RB-Asa Martin

Last edited:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

TE-Luke Ford
DE-Eyabi Anoma
LB-J.J. Peterson
OT-Penei Sewell
WR-Seth Williams
WR-Jaylen Waddle
DT-Caleb Tremblay
DT-Bobby Brown
S-Nadab Joseph
CB-Savion Smith

Other possiblities:
OG-Emil Ekiyor
S-Myles Mason
WR-Joseph Scates
Ath-Jarren Williams
DT-Jalen Cunningham
CB-Josh Jobe
LB-Kevontae Ruggs
DT-Christian Barmore
DT-Teair Tart-Spencer
DT-Jeffery Johnson
WR-Justin Watkins
RB-Zamir White (If James Cook commits to Georgia)
RB-Asa Martin
Nice addition with JJ Peterson and Luke Ford. I think Peterson will sign with us and he is a Rashaan Evans type guy.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
There are two dates to keep in mind when discussing this class - October 22 and December 3.

When the staff has at least a week off, they tend to look over the board and make changes. I suspect we'll begin to see some changes over the next week for the last month of the season before making more changes between the season and the bowl game.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I live in Phenix City and I hope you are correct on Ross but currently it seems he is all about Clemson according to chatter around town.
Clemson is getting all the CB's right now. I just think and hope when it gets to crunch time Saban and staff will close on him. Rarely do we lose a top 2-3 player to an out of state team.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Quality DT/NG`s don`t grow on trees. That`s why it hurts when you miss on one. Definitely need the JUCO`s, especially now with the loss of Miller and Brown.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL
need the two JUCO prospects.... I never bet on a flip from any Barn commit and the Barmore kid isn't coming unless his family visits with him. Not really sold on the Cunningham kid, yet.
Agreed on Cunningham. Big kid but seems to be a one gap DT, does not appear to have much quickness or speed.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.