One of our walk-ons (Donnie Lee Jr.) arrested for domestic violence - dismissed from team

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Re: One of our walk-ons arrested for DV...

Title should say " Donnie Lee Jr dismissed from football team."

Need to be specific and clear.

It's sad that he made a poor decision and he has to live with it.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
I think Saban learned his lesson with Taylor and I doubt even a starter will weather something like this in the future.

I could be wrong but the read I got after the Jonathan Taylor incident was a "I tried but I've learned my lesson and will not do this again"

dvldog

Hall of Fame
Sep 20, 2005
Virginia
How deep are we at the walk on position? Does this free up a non-scholarship for next year? Next man up

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
Didn't another player get hit with third degree domestic violence over trying to get his car keys from his crazy girlfriend a few years ago? If the young man has anger issues I certainly hope he receives treatment and learns to control it. Otherwise I hope he learned to leave crazy chicks alone.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Anyone involved in this mess should be booted, well done by Saban. NO room for this crap. ZERO tolerance.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Didn't another player get hit with third degree domestic violence over trying to get his car keys from his crazy girlfriend a few years ago? If the young man has anger issues I certainly hope he receives treatment and learns to control it. Otherwise I hope he learned to leave crazy chicks alone.
I keep spare car and house key in wallet in case I lock keys in car or house. Also would work in this case, walk away, never get into it with crazy girls.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Re: One of our walk-ons arrested for DV...

Title should say " Donnie Lee Jr dismissed from football team."

Need to be specific and clear.

It's sad that he made a poor decision and he has to live with it.
Every action has consequences, something everyone needs to know. Split second bad decision can change the rest of your life.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
No one ever wins an altercation with girlfriends/wives. Once it turns physical players become the big loser.

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
There's another article up on al.com that gives a little more info.

The Northport native was charged with third-degree domestic violence and also received a reasonable and prudent speed charge, according to the Tuscaloosa County Sheriff's Office's arrest database.
http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i..._walk-on_wide_receiver.html#incart_most-read_

Two charges. I understand the domestic violence charge, but does anybody know what it means to get a "reasonable and prudent speed charge?"

I thought if you go under the speed limit, you are ok. Drive faster than that, you're subject to a ticket. Is there another charge about speeding? A person must honor the speed limit, but they must also do it in a "reasonable and prudent manner?"

That's a side issue in this case, of course the domestic violence charge is the one that really hurts. But I'm just confused about the second charge.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
There's another article up on al.com that gives a little more info.

http://www.al.com/alabamafootball/i..._walk-on_wide_receiver.html#incart_most-read_

Two charges. I understand the domestic violence charge, but does anybody know what it means to get a "reasonable and prudent speed charge?"

I thought if you go under the speed limit, you are ok. Drive faster than that, you're subject to a ticket. Is there another charge about speeding? A person must honor the speed limit, but they must also do it in a "reasonable and prudent manner?"

That's a side issue in this case, of course the domestic violence charge is the one that really hurts. But I'm just confused about the second charge.
Google it. It means that he was driving dangerously, but not necessarily speeding.

JessN

Administrator & Editor-in-Chief
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Lee was probably going to play late in games this year along with Kief and Marks before injuring (I think) an ankle in the final scrimmage. He was running with the primary rotation at A-Day. I believe he ran track for Florida right out of high school before transferring back here. Talk about a potentially good year gone bad.

CullmanTide

Hall of Fame
Jan 7, 2008
Cullman, Al
I think Saban learned his lesson with Taylor and I doubt even a starter will weather something like this in the future.

I could be wrong but the read I got after the Jonathan Taylor incident was a "I tried but I've learned my lesson and will not do this again"
Him being non scholly no doubt made it easier.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.