Video surfaces of Clemson's version of 'Fight Club' in locker room

AlistarWills

All-American
Jul 26, 2006
You know Bama had wrestling matches in the locker room where people routinely tried to challenge D. Tomlinson. Be careful where you cast stones.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
You know Bama had wrestling matches in the locker room where people routinely tried to challenge D. Tomlinson. Be careful where you cast stones.
nobody is casting stones at Clemson and their boxing practice. All I said that is it doesn't look good for Dabo and the team.. just like the wrestling thing didn't look good for Bama as well.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
What happens in the locker room stays in the locker room. These are football players not Benedictine monks.
What happens in the locker room can sometimes spill over on the field.
Left unchecked, a locker room fight can lead to bitter feelings and worse case scenario...
Teammates choosing sides in the squabble. Easy way to lose your team.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Not sure what all this is but I doubt Saban would stand for anything resembling this. You lost and still have all this energy? Guess you did not leave it all on the field.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Honest question - I really don't have any idea what this statement - part of the caption to the video - means:
"Clemson Football is about that life."

Anyone help me?

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
Honest question - I really don't have any idea what this statement - part of the caption to the video - means:
"Clemson Football is about that life."

Anyone help me?
It basically means that to really be a part of Clemson football you have to know how to struggle and fight for success. You have to be a brawler and not be afraid to get hit. You've got to be tough. That's the gist of phrases like that.

So if a recording artist posted a picture of them writing songs on their bus at midnight between shows with the caption- "Gotta be about that grind life." The implication is that the artist is willing to work hard even when they are tired to obtain success and that they don't stop pursuing their goals.

-Your Resident Whipper Snapper

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
I am a little disappointed that nobody screamed, "Mortal Kombat!!!!!!!!!!!!!"""""""

With that said, on the surface it looks like boys being boys. But as another poster said, if they had this energy to do "fight club", then where was this energy when you were losing to Syracuse?

USCBAMA

All-SEC
Sep 21, 2001
Columbia, SC, Richland
As others have alluded to, the locker room fight club thing is not the issue, it's a player dumb enough to film it and post it somewhere. I imagine that person will receive more punishment from Dabo than the fighters.

Besides, this is an improvement for clemson. Locker room fight club is quite a step up from last year's butt-grab club.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
That didn't look reasonable to me. When I was in high school we tested ourselves by wrestling and competing. Sometimes guys would get hurt. But there's testing yourself against your peers, and then there's trying to knock someone cold out by hitting him in the back of the head while he's ducking for cover and effectively giving up. What I see there is a numbskull who went in for the kill punch and fortunately slipped as he tried to hit his vulnerable teammate. What is it Audio likes to write... play stupid games... or something like that.

Edit: on review, he didn't slip until after he delivered a cheap shot to the side/back of his teammate's head. Plain stupid and hopefully nobody's neck or brain was injured.

Last edited:

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.