Amari went off against KC

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
It's satisfying to see him play a game like this. I could sense a lot of doubt creeping into analysts voices as the weeks went along. Amari is NOT Julio. I don't think he's a guy that will shred you even with 2 guys over the top. He eats single man coverage and soft zone alive. He's gotten a lot better against press-coverage but Oakland needs to scheme ways to get him single man looks and let him run after the catch. His explosiveness and elusiveness aren't being fully utilized out wide.
In 2014, I thought we struggled a bunch with zone defense because of the quarterback and that may be mostly true - Sims sometimes lost guys dropping into areas - but I do think the fact that Cooper's game is so predicated on his route running that sometimes zone teams could take him out of his game. He can make the best in the world look silly man-on-man. Not only is he fast but he's technically sound as a route runner. Cooper was also pretty well prepared from a film study perspective too. He knew how guys reacted to certain body motions or stances and ate them up for cheating.

Not many guys can be like Julio where they break people down regardless of scheme. Cooper is one of the best in the NFL at WR but he's not quite in the Julio or AB tier.

B

BamaJ

What a game! I've had Coop on my fantasy team all year and I've always started him regardless of how poorly he was playing......until this week. 44 points sitting on my bench. And I almost traded him, but the other person backed out. Maybe he heard me loud and clear! I mean business! :biggrin:

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
What a game! I've had Coop on my fantasy team all year and I've always started him regardless of how poorly he was playing......until this week. 44 points sitting on my bench. And I almost traded him, but the other person backed out. Maybe he heard me loud and clear! I mean business! :biggrin:
I missed the original, but got to watch the replay. Crabtree catch did not look as cool in real life as people were talking it up to be.

TideMom2Boys

Hall of Fame
Nov 17, 2010
Alabama
The guy in my league had him on the bench also - 70 pts in our league. I bet if we Googled "who benched Amari" there would be a bunch of people who did the same thing and a bunch mad.
He had 44 points in my league. I had benched him because he was consistently under 10 points every week. Oh well. I am glad I had him on the bench rather than my opponent having him in play. ;)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Learned the hard way. In fantasy football you absolutely have to take the second or third receiver or the guy who hasn't been getting it done.
Crabtree had five TD's in the last three games or so. Everybody was singing his praises, including the Chiefs. So they double Crabtree and leave Amari in a man to man situation.
There ya go...
Just glad I had him.
I also had Derrick Henry because I only take back up running backs or third down backs... Derrick came through big time.
It's not about picking the best. It's about picking who everybody else doesn't also have!
Anyway, let's beat UT! RTR!

bamamick

All-American
Feb 22, 2005
I am glad for him because people were beginning to wonder if he was really all that. With Cooper, Crabtree and Carr healthy the Raiders are a different beast entirely.

rtr

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.