Report - Alabama to Play Baylor in Closed Scrimmage on 10/28

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
I never knew this existed or was allowed. Is this a new thing or have we done this in the past?
Most teams have a closed scrimmage before the season along with one or two open exhibition games.

Matter of fact, Mizzou and Kansas are playing each other this weekend as a benefit for hurricane victims.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
Bama beat Baylor 75-67 in a scrimmage today. Sexton reported to have 15 points. No link
Update:

https://247sports.com/college/alabama/Bolt/Alabama-Crimson-Tide-Basketball-downs-Baylor-in-closed-scrimmage-109564776

[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Much like the team’s Tide Tipoff event earlier this week, Alabama’s freshmen stole the show. Former 5-star point guard [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Collin Sexton[/FONT] led the team in scoring with 15 points, while local Hale County (Ala.) High School product [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Herb Jones[/FONT] scored 12 points.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]The Crimson Tide’s leading scorers from last season also contributed 10 points each in [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Braxton Key[/FONT] and [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Dazon Ingram[/FONT]. Baylor was led by [FONT=proxima_nova_ltsemibold]Terry Maston[/FONT]’s 24 points off the bench.[/FONT]
[FONT=proxima_nova_rgregular]Alabama outscored Baylor 42-24 over the final 20 minutes of the scrimmage, connecting on 53.3 percent (16-of-30) from the field and 41.7 percent (5-of-12) from beyond the arc.[/FONT]

Last edited:

BamaFlum

Hall of Fame
Dec 11, 2002
S.A., TX, USA
How good is Baylor this year? If they are fielding their usual competitive team, this is a good omen.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
How good is Baylor this year? If they are fielding their usual competitive team, this is a good omen.

They're expected to be a tournament team from what I've seen.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014

They're expected to be a tournament team from what I've seen.

Its a reason poll so take it for what its worth ... but AP has them at 24, one place in front of us, so RTR91 is correct they should have a very good team this year.

http://www.espn.com/mens-college-basketball/rankings
That was a solid win for the good guys, hoping they can keep building on it and gel as a team. I can't say enough how excited I am about the possibility of what this team can accomplish.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.