2018 Prospect: 4* QB Emory Jones (Commits to Florida)

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Re: 4* QB Emory Jones (Ohio State Commit)

If you haven't watched the Emory Jones clips, do so. He is amazing. Hard to believe that he is not a 5* and just as hard to believe that he would sit behind Jalen and Tua, but I can never fault a young man for wanting to play for Saban.
Just wait until he gets that Bama bump. :wink:

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

One of the Bama writers put in a CB pick to Bama..... there's some info out there obviously
A bunch of CB's coming in now for Jones to Bama. Would be an absolute huge pick-up and hope it happens soon. Hopefully those who wonder/doubt why kids commit to/sign with Bama when they know they won't play immediately will understand Bama is just not about playing early.

Hopefully we see Emory on campus this weekend.

Last edited:

BamaMoon

Hall of Fame
Apr 1, 2004
Boone, NC

Can't ever be too deep at QB. It was just a few years ago that a 3rd teamer lead OSU to NC. I remember it all too well.:cool2:

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

A bunch of CB's coming in now for Jones to Bama. Would be an absolute huge pick-up and hope it happens soon. Hopefully those who wonder/doubt why kids commit to/sign with Bama when they know they won't play immediately will understand Bama is just not about playing early.

Hopefully we see Emory on campus this weekend.
Amazing...particularly with the QB's we have.

skipster63

All-SEC
Nov 5, 2010
Buchanan Dam

Pardon my ignorance but what is a CB? I am sure it will be obvious once I am told...like I should have figured that out. Thanks

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

Pardon my ignorance but what is a CB? I am sure it will be obvious once I am told...like I should have figured that out. Thanks
Crystal Ball. It’s the symbol used by the recruiting analysts to show how they currently believe a recruit is leaning.

Last edited:

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA

If this were to come about ( not sure at all that it will when all`s said and done, although would love it ), wouldn`t it almost have to be an automatic red shirt the first year to get some spacing ?

NoNC4Tubs

Hall of Fame
Nov 13, 2010

If this were to come about ( not sure at all that it will when all`s said and done, although would love it ), wouldn`t it almost have to be an automatic red shirt the first year to get some spacing ?
Yep, unless he thinks he could take the job from Jalen. He would have to be an early enrollee to even have a chance of trying to do that...

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I'm sure he is being told what every one of our recruits are told and that is the best player will play. Realistically Emory, if he does sign with us, has to be thinking he will most likely redshirt unless there are some injury issues. He knows what the depth chart looks like.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

and, Emory might walk on campus as an instant 3rd stringer with the Mac Jones DUI news today.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

and, Emory might walk on campus as an instant 3rd stringer with the Mac Jones DUI news today.
With the offense that you run, he is third anyway. Mac has a good arm, but he is not the type of QB that Saban wants to play anymore.

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

With the offense that you run, he is third anyway. Mac has a good arm, but he is not the type of QB that Saban wants to play anymore.
Yea, I'm thinking you have to be something very special with your arm talent and football IQ if you aren't very mobile to play at Alabama now.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.

Isn't OSU deep with QB's also? I don't really know but I would think as well as CUM recruits, he would have good talent in front of him there too.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

Isn't OSU deep with QB's also? I don't really know but I would think as well as CUM recruits, he would have good talent in front of him there too.
We no one named as our potential starter for next year. Jones would compete for that role out of the gates at OSU.

allybama2009

1st Team
Jan 1, 2009
Conway, SC

^^^^^^^ Really tough to tell from that article what he wants to do. I would say OHNO ST has a better shot at getting his signature, hopefully he rolls with the tide. rtr

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

No hard source, but I have heard that we are spending less time with other QB recruits because our coaching staff believes that Emory is going to stay with OSU.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

No hard source, but I have heard that we are spending less time with other QB recruits because our coaching staff believes that Emory is going to stay with OSU.
If he is smart he will stay with OSU. Early playing time much easier to see there than here or UGA.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.