2018 Prospect: 4* QB Emory Jones (Commits to Florida)

CoolBreeze

Hall of Fame
Sep 18, 2002
Hoover
Re: 4* QB Emory Jones (Ohio State Commit)

It is going to be a good day to be in Tuscaloosa tomorrow. I like our chances!

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

He's trying to keep as quiet as possible, but he's expected back in Columbus this weekend for a visit. Probably will hear something after that.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

He's trying to keep as quiet as possible, but he's expected back in Columbus this weekend for a visit. Probably will hear something after that.

If we beat PSU, the game will be electric and I think that we keep him. If we lose with him there, who knows.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

the bad news regarding our QB recruiting is that they all see Tua now. They will step on campus and he will be a sophomore. So they see that they will likely sit for at least two years.

Level-headedness says, ok, I wait and be a RS Freshman or RS Sophomore....today's society and opposing coaches say, you're too good to sit that long.

I have a feeling we will be on plans B and C for QBs this year with a chance to take two next year with Tua's brother and the Bryant legacy being the two.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

the bad news regarding our QB recruiting is that they all see Tua now. They will step on campus and he will be a sophomore. So they see that they will likely sit for at least two years.

Level-headedness says, ok, I wait and be a RS Freshman or RS Sophomore....today's society and opposing coaches say, you're too good to sit that long.

I have a feeling we will be on plans B and C for QBs this year with a chance to take two next year with Tua's brother and the Bryant legacy being the two.
I understand that's reality in recruiting in 2017, but it doesn't make sense.

Look at Ohio State since it's where Jones is currently committed. They have two sophomore and two freshmen QBs. Tate Martell was one of the top QB recruits in the nation last year, and he's waiting his turn in Columbus.

Then, we can go look at Clemson with Trevor Lawrence. They have Kelly Bryant for his senior year next year, Zerrick Cooper (#7 DT-QB in 2016) entering his redshirt sophomore year, and Hunter Johnson (#3 pro-style QB) entering his true sophomore year in 2018.

It's not like Alabama is alone in this situation. For some reason, schools are able to pull the talk when discussing us, though.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al

You pretty much nailed it. Ohio State will have open competitions in the spring, Clemson is good for one more year, Alabama is most likely set with their QB situations for next 2-3 years.

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

I understand that's reality in recruiting in 2017, but it doesn't make sense.

Look at Ohio State since it's where Jones is currently committed. They have two sophomore and two freshmen QBs. Tate Martell was one of the top QB recruits in the nation last year, and he's waiting his turn in Columbus.

Then, we can go look at Clemson with Trevor Lawrence. They have Kelly Bryant for his senior year next year, Zerrick Cooper (#7 DT-QB in 2016) entering his redshirt sophomore year, and Hunter Johnson (#3 pro-style QB) entering his true sophomore year in 2018.

It's not like Alabama is alone in this situation. For some reason, schools are able to pull the talk when discussing us, though.
UGA is another example. Hopefully we get Jones, but I don't believe we will, and if not Williams will be a very good fall back.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

TIFWIW... A recruit in attendance at the Ohio State game Saturday said he isn't sure if Emory will be a part of the class or not.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

TIFWIW... A recruit in attendance at the Ohio State game Saturday said he isn't sure if Emory will be a part of the class or not.
I have heard the same thing, but I was also told that he was very fired up at the end of the game, and as stoked as the fans after the comeback.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

I have heard the same thing, but I was also told that he was very fired up at the end of the game, and as stoked as the fans after the comeback.
I'm going to pretend to only read part of your post.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Uneasiness in Columbus over Emory Jones?

“Generally speaking, I think there’s still some unease in Columbus,” Land of 10’s Ohio State recruiting reporter Jeremy Birmingham told SEC Country. “Ohio State has invested years into Jones and they’d hoped this official visit would put an end to any and all concerns about the status of his commitment. That didn’t happen.”

Birmingham said that the vibe he received from people in Columbus concerning Jones’ commitment to Ohio State hasn’t been positive, “despite no one being able to say specifically why it’s not.”

SEC Country was told by a source close to the Alabama program that Jones was actually texting with Tide coaches during his visit to Ohio State, which certainly isn’t a negative for the team’s chances of flipping him.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville

Also, Kentucky Rivals site is now reporting Ohio State has offered Jarren Williams.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

One of the Bama writers put in a CB pick to Bama..... there's some info out there obviously

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham

So many flip predictions now...

So we were in good shape to flip from Kentucky, then we got in better shape to flip Ohio State, and now it seems Ohio State is in good shape to flip the Kentucky guy? Spin cycle lol.

runtheoption22

News|BB|FB|REC Moderator
Staff member
Nov 10, 2003
Cleveland

It's hard to be impressed anymore with CNS and our recruiting, but if we get Jones (plan 1A essentially at QB), I'll be very impressed. It's a hard sell with Jalen on campus for one year minimum, and Tua for two minimum.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012

It's hard to be impressed anymore with CNS and our recruiting, but if we get Jones (plan 1A essentially at QB), I'll be very impressed. It's a hard sell with Jalen on campus for one year minimum, and Tua for two minimum.
If you haven't watched the Emory Jones clips, do so. He is amazing. Hard to believe that he is not a 5* and just as hard to believe that he would sit behind Jalen and Tua, but I can never fault a young man for wanting to play for Saban.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.