Hey guys... (new member introduction)

GHoppr

Suspended
Oct 18, 2017
Madison, AL.
New to this board, but not new to posting in general...

Was "JBAMA" on that other board who now "shall not be named" :biggrin:

Looking forward to making this my new home... it has the feel of... "that other board" before it was taken over by the corporate entity known as CBS... oops, I've said too much... :biggrin2:

ROLL TIDE ROLL
:biga:

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Looking forward to making this my new home... it has the feel of... "that other board" before it was taken over by the corporate entity known as CBS... oops, I've said too much... :biggrin2:

ROLL TIDE ROLL
You don't get banned around here for mentioning "BamaMag"... :D

theballguy

Hall of Fame
Nov 5, 2012
Roll Tide Roll, Colorado USA

ROLL TIDE ROLL
Welcome aboard.

An observation of your icon ... if I may. Man I do respect the Yankees. They are the Alabama of MLB ;-)

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
First, because that way people can choose to read a thread or skip it based on its content.

Second, because we do have TF user sin remote areas (some of which are military), who have very slow connections, and loading a thread just to see if you are interested the content is a waste of time.

Lastly, because this is a benevolent dictatorship and the site owner has decreed that there will be no teaser titles.

That last one is really the most important one and all you need to know.

Cheers.

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
Welcome to TideFans. I like to think we have the very best Forum.
We have lots of knowledgeable fans and then there are the rest of us.
Our Admin section run a clean board. We are family friendly.
Feel free to jump in with your 2 cents worth.

Last edited:

Con

Hall of Fame
Dec 19, 2006
Northern Hemisphere
First, because that way people can choose to read a thread or skip it based on its content.

Second, because we do have TF user sin remote areas (some of which are military), who have very slow connections, and loading a thread just to see if you are interested the content is a waste of time.

Lastly, because this is a benevolent dictatorship and the site owner has decreed that there will be no teaser titles.

Cheers.
When I read the post I knew this was coming.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA

Cheers.
To add to what Brad said, we do now have preview, which we didn't activate for a long time. We've long been known for having a streamlined, informative front page. However, I've found that preview frequently doesn't help in that the first sentence doesn't reflect the true content. You will find that the first few teaser titles you post will be edited for clarity. After you've gained attention for it, your threads will just be deleted. So, if you want your stuff read...

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Did I miss something or just stupid, his title seems very clear to me, how is that a teaser title, or was this just a general warning?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.