Some program really needs to hire Mack Brown to be their head coach...

BamaInBham

All-American
Feb 14, 2007
What do y'all expect - he's from Tennessee. For the past few decades, everything related to college football from that state has an orange stench.

seebell

Hall of Fame
Mar 12, 2012
Gurley, Al
I don't mind Mack Brown or Tuberville..There I said it. I can't stand Herbsteit he talks way too much, Todd Blackedge and Brad Nessler were my favorites. Beth Mowins is not so bad.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I don't mind Mack Brown or Tuberville..There I said it. I can't stand Herbsteit he talks way too much, Todd Blackedge and Brad Nessler were my favorites. Beth Mowins is not so bad.
I agree Todd and Brad are pretty good. The list of good ones are real short these, I see the problem as there are to many exjocks. Nothing against them but they do not have broadcast experience. In the old days the announcers had been doing games for years before getting to this level. Nothing replaces a lot of microphone time. You get to work your craft. The biggest issue with ex players and coaches is they are not announcers, they have almost zero experience then put on National TV. Not easy to be smooth and sound smart when just tossed into the deep end. I do not blame them but the TV execs who put rookies in the big leagues.

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
While I like Eli Gold, I must admit that he isn't a great radio announcer.

His enthusiasm is great and he does a great job on big plays, especially, but it's often hard to tell the difference between a two, five, or 15 yard run. And he's generally terrible at what should be his primary responsibility - keeping the listener appraised of the down and distance, field position, and time on the clock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk

Ole Man Dan

Hall of Fame
Apr 21, 2008
Gadsden, Al.
While I like Eli Gold, I must admit that he isn't a great radio announcer.

His enthusiasm is great and he does a great job on big plays, especially, but it's often hard to tell the difference between a two, five, or 15 yard run. And he's generally terrible at what should be his primary responsibility - keeping the listener appraised of the down and distance, field position, and time on the clock.

Sent from my SM-G930V using Tapatalk
I watched part of a game two weeks ago where neither announcer gave the score, seldom gave the position on the field, but both of them prattled on and on about nothing. A little of that goes a long way. (Seinfeld, over and over again)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Many radio guys forget the audience cannot see the game. I must agree on the down distance time left on clock etc. Eli would be perfect for TV as we get all the stats on screen, just love hearing his voice when we make a great play. His best is scored one for the GOOD GUYS lol

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
I think our own Greg is doing a good job. I had reservations early in his broadcasting career, but he seems to have taken to it well.

bama2112

All-American
Nov 19, 2006
Cobb County, Ga.
I used to despise hearing him give interviews, especially on the field pre-game, halftime, etc. His interviews during the 2009 title game made me want to jump through the screen and strangle the life out of him before he muttered another syllable. He's 10 times worse now that he's an analyst. Tuberville sucks too by the way. Its a 3 horse race between him, Brown, and Mowins for most annoying but I'd have to go with Brown for the win, Mowins to place, and Tuberville to show.
I have a solution put all 3 on NFL monday night football. There would be no chance of me ever listening to them and they could help the great NFL tv ratings.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas

So, you thought we weren't paying attention, and you could slip this one past us, eh?

Danged hippie weird-o!

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
WHY can't these folks just retire and play golf, and fade away. And why do networks keep hiring these irritating excoaches and explayers? None have any on air talent, no matter how good they were coaching or playing. I know many think as they played or coached they have real game understanding, if they do they never show it. They mumble on about crazy stuff and offer zero insight into the game. Seems announcers, that never played, know more about the game than those who participated in games in one way or another. Just stop it networks, give me a Howard Cossell type any day over these brain dead morons.

TitleWave

All-American
Dec 3, 2012
Should be paired with that blackboard fingernail grater and the name of their non-CFB show "Moanin' & Mackin'

Colt getting hurt meant he should be seeing his analyst a lot more, not become one...

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.