Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. Vols (aka elevensee)

Cruiser

All-American
Sep 24, 2015
Re: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. Vols...

Yep. What made it even worse was that we were ranked #3 in the pre-season, mainly because we had upset Florida in the Swamp the previous year.
And; destroyed them in the SECCG; I was there and it was delightful watching the loudmouth Florida fans POUR out of the stadium with 12 minutes left after big Reggie Grimes lumbered in to the end zone with a pick 6.

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL

My only worry is Scarborough, he just has not had the look lately. I think lack of carries hurts him, I feel he needs 15 carries before he gets going. That is bad with all the good RB's we have. He just will not see that many carries anymore.
I agree. Like Derrick Henry did when he was here, Scarborough just seems to get stronger the more you feed him the rock.

NBF_Bama_Cavalry

All-American
Dec 2, 2002
Titus, Al, US
www.dixiebikers.com

Tua has quick release and his accuracy is spot on. His ability to hit guys in stride is awesome. Jalen is #1 but if we need to make a comeback with passing I would say Tua is the man. Hopefully we never have that issue this year.
Having a starting QB as good as Jalen Hurts AND a backup QB as good as Tua Tagovailoa should actually be illegal.

TrueCrimson7

All-American
Sep 21, 2014
USA

Alabama has scored in every single quarter of play this year. All 32 of them. No zeros on our box scores unless it is preceded by another digit.

single wing1

Suspended
Oct 11, 2005
Nit picking but why not give the young players a chance to score instead of taking a knee?
We could need this ( lol !!) in the future. RTR!!

Last edited:

CoastGhost

Suspended
Sep 5, 2009
North Carolina

I agree. Like Derrick Henry did when he was here, Scarborough just seems to get stronger the more you feed him the rock.
Possibly related to how many time they have to tackle him. After 10 runs, they have all potentially had one shot and I bet there is a temptation to try an arm tackle after that.

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina

Just for kicks went over to VolNation -- they are quite destroyed....here is a typical post:

I watched the highlights and the talent gap between us and Bama has never been wider. They look bigger, stronger, faster and just overall superior. From what I saw, we truly looked like a HS team compared to Bama. That's not going to change any time soon. We Tennessee fans just have to accept that the Bama game is no longer a winnable or rival game.

I've been waiting a long time to see a streak like this. :)

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
The very very funny thing is we were 36.5 point favorites, large spread yet we played kind of slow at times and still covered the spread.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017

Just for kicks went over to VolNation -- they are quite destroyed....here is a typical post:

I watched the highlights and the talent gap between us and Bama has never been wider. They look bigger, stronger, faster and just overall superior. From what I saw, we truly looked like a HS team compared to Bama. That's not going to change any time soon. We Tennessee fans just have to accept that the Bama game is no longer a winnable or rival game.

I've been waiting a long time to see a streak like this. :)
Hey they have started a club for these guys, UT is not the only team we are pretty much beating like red headed step children. The club is AA Alabama Anonymous, where people go when they cannot control Alabama. Like Alcoholics and Narcotics users in the original AA and NA , you have to admit you have no power over it LOL

Padreruf

Hall of Fame
Feb 12, 2001
Charleston, South Carolina
There were 2 very wrong questionable interpretations by the officials:
1. Giving us the ball on the 2 after a fumble was over-ridden by a personal foul on UT. We should have been given the ball after a 15 yard penalty assessed from the previous LOS. I have never heard of going to the point where a team fumbled...you can't stop a play in mid-action and apply a penalty.
2. Not giving us a 1st down when UT was called for holding on 3rd and goal...unbelievable. At the very least defensive holding in the end zone is 1st down on the 2 if I recall.

Just glad that these did not determine the ultimate outcome.

Any officials out there have a different rule interpretation. Earle -- what say ye?

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.