Game Thread: OFFICIAL POST-GAME THREAD - Bama vs. Vols (aka elevensee)

Ledsteplin

Hall of Fame
Nov 20, 2013
Florence, Alabama
I heard in church this morning (from UT fans) that Butch didn’t realize what had happened. Not that I believe that, but it had been a long time since his team had seen the end zone.
I'm sure he knew the penalty was called, but may not have known exactly what happened until after the game.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
It is funny to see Jalen and TUA next to each other, ststa show they are 1 pound different and 1 inch difference but in game I owuld swear Tua is much taller. Time to get my glasses checked LOL.. It is funny how guys look different until they are next to each other of vice versa.
I think Hurts is actually 2" or so taller. Notice that Hurts is barefoot and further from the camera. Tua is still wearing his cleats...

Special K

All-American
Feb 8, 2008
Well, if that be true, my hat's off to them for knowing and enforcing it. Did the article say anything about the no first down? Also, I thought that two PFs got you pitched nowadays...
Earle, its 2 unsportsmanlike conduct calls that get you ejected.

RollTideMang

All-American
Oct 16, 2009
St. Louis, MO
Here is something directly from the NCAA rule book regarding the strange call that gave us the fumbled ball at the 2 yard line. Looks like they really did get it right.

First and 10 at the A-40. A1 advances to the B-40, where he fumbles. During A1’s run or during the fumble B2 commits a personal foul at the 50-yard line. B1 recovers the fumble and returns the ball across Team A’s goal line. RULING: Penalty—15 yards from the basic spot, which is the end of the related run (Team B’s 40-yard line) and first down for Team A.
Sent from my Pixel XL using Tapatalk

bamacon

Hall of Fame
Apr 11, 2008
College Football's Mecca, Tuscaloosa
I have to give kudos to Jonah... no idea how he kept his composure with a dude choking him out. I know all kinds of things happen in football, in the scrim, under the pile, etc. ... But wow. I would've taken it out on Kongbo. Glad our guys are disciplined.
Jonah is just a bigger version of Jalen on the OL. Cool all the time but full throttle on ever play. Both do the process Saban preaches about PERFECTLY. It’s ALL about the current play. No sense in worrying about the past because you can’t change it. Same about the future because you can’t play it yet. Two great competitors who get TEAM first and who get football. Old minds in 19 year old bodies...scary!!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

RWBTide

1st Team
Dec 8, 2013
Blue Half of Glasgow Scotland
I know this is a big game for you guys but my football memories only go back 5yrs and in that time they've never been anything other than also rans.

So I can't be as quick with the disparaging comments as the rest of you, sorry. ;)

RTR

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
Rodney Orr had some interesting comments on the offense this morning on 99.1 FM in Birmingham.

Find Scott Griffin on Twitter for some highlights. I think there's audio out there somewhere.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Rodney Orr had some interesting comments on the offense this morning on 99.1 FM in Birmingham.

Find Scott Griffin on Twitter for some highlights. I think there's audio out there somewhere.

Saw his twitter, but he said Tua make decisions before the ball is snap.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
I know this is a big game for you guys but my football memories only go back 5yrs and in that time they've never been anything other than also rans.

So I can't be as quick with the disparaging comments as the rest of you, sorry. ;)

RTR

Sent from my SM-G935F using Tapatalk
Saturday’s game was the 100th meeting of Bama and UT. Bama leads 55-38-7. Bama and UT were the 2 dominant football traditions in the SEC. Both have had colorful head coaches.

As I’m sure you have surmised, fat Phil Fulmer crossed a line when he tried to literally destroy the Bama program. There is very little mutual respect between the 2 programs since Fat Boy.

Tideflyer

Hall of Fame
Dec 14, 2011
Savannah, GA
Saturday’s game was the 100th meeting of Bama and UT. Bama leads 55-38-7. Bama and UT were the 2 dominant football traditions in the SEC. Both have had colorful head coaches.

As I’m sure you have surmised, fat Phil Fulmer crossed a line when he tried to literally destroy the Bama program. There is very little mutual respect between the 2 programs since Fat Boy.
Albeit always intense, IMO there was always a respectful rivalry which ended after Coach Majors and Coach Bryant.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.