The Good, The Bad, and The Ugly- Volunteer Style...

Bama Lee

All-American
Oct 13, 1999
Dallas, TX
The Good- pretty much all looks good. We can run at will. I love the throws over the middle to the TE. 601 yards of total offense with the Vols only having yards total offense. That is pretty much the definition of domination. I wonder if Butch Jones lasts throughout this week.

The BAD- this is nitpicking but our MLB (#20) seems out of position a lot.

The Ugly- We have to fix our punt return game!!!!

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
The good - your offense when you go fast. Unstoppable.
The bad - the effort that allowed a TD to be scored on that pick.
The ugly - punt returns.

WMack4Bama

Administrator
Staff member
Nov 7, 2008
Tuscaloosa, AL
Good: I took us covering 35.5 and going over 50.5 (Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!)
for entertainment purposes only

Bad: Lack of flow/continuity on offense in the 1st half

Ugly: All of the people we (mods) will have to suspend/expel/etc. this Spring over the QB competition

Skeeterpop

Hall of Fame
Jul 18, 2008
Good: I took us covering 35.5 and going over 50.5 (Wooooooooooooooooooooooo!!!)
for entertainment purposes only

Bad: Lack of flow/continuity on offense in the 1st half

Ugly: All of the people we (mods) will have to suspend/expel/etc. this Spring over the QB competition
Hahaha. QB suspensions. 😂

bamadrew95

Dec 29, 2011
The Good: passing over the middle, getting Tagovailoa experience with the ones, denying UT their first offensive touchdown in forever.
The Bad: Punt return ball handling, Penalties in the first half
The Ugly: All that Orange!! Pick six

Awesome win, though not as bad for UT as it should have been. RTR

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
Good: Win. The offense is really coming together. Ruggs (can we just throw to him all the time?) seriously he scores every time.).
Bad: that stinking interception and score. I didn't get the feeling back in my legs from my 40 mile bike ride until halftime.
Ugly: Punt returns. If we don't get the fixed quick fast and in a hurry it will cost us.

rgw

Suspended
Sep 15, 2003
Tuscaloosa
The Good - 2nd half effort

The Bad - 1st half effort

The Ugly - Tennessee Vols forever and always.

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
The Good--Saban finally let Daboll get back to running the offense in the second half
The Bad--The officials not knowing that defensive holding is an automatic first down, and thus penalizing UT half the distance to the goal but leaving the down at third in the first half.
The Even Worse--Our coaches not recognizing it and totally raising hell about the missed call.
The Ugly--Nothing was really ugly. We were in total control of the football game

DzynKingRTR

TideFans Legend
Dec 17, 2003
Vinings, ga., usa
The Good--Saban finally let Daboll get back to running the offense in the second half
The Bad--The officials not knowing that defensive holding is an automatic first down, and thus penalizing UT half the distance to the goal but leaving the down at third in the first half.
The Even Worse--Our coaches not recognizing it and totally raising hell about the missed call.

The Ugly--Nothing was really ugly. We were in total control of the football game
I thought I was just dumb and didn't know the rule. I am glad this got pointed out by someone.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Good : Win number 8 in lopsided score
Bad : This team as in those are some bad boys there
UGLY : Those viles shirtless in orange checker board overalls...do they know how stupid they look?

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
Good- The final result, 2nd half effort, having the next week off to heal and rest
Bad- We looked flat and tired in the first.
Ugly- UT is not even in the same league as us even though they have recruited pretty well. I'm still confused about how we got to accept the first hands to the face penalty and got to keep the best part of the play that happened and got to act like the fumble didn't happen. I thought we would get the penalty from the previous line of scrimmage, which would have been fine, but we got the penalty and the best part of the pass play to Irv Smith but got to act like the fumble never happened. Hahaha. I don't see how in the world that could have been the correct call. We either get the penalty or the play, which was a fumble by us and would have been their ball. Nope, we got the penalty and only the best part of the play.

cuda.1973

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
Allen, Texas
Phil and Eli stated the rule is different, down close to the goal line.

Didn't hear all of it, because (the utterly ridiculous)

The stinking Tune-in "app" interrupts the game at the worst possible time with some stupid commercial.

Missed the goal line stand................Tua's TD run...........all for some stupid Macy's commercial. (Usually, they stop that nonsense, sometime in Q1. This week, made into Q3 before it started, but once it did......................)

(I'm so mad having that they interrupted the game with that garbage that it has put me in a foul mood...............like after a certain API game.)

(So mad I can't even take a nap now!)

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
Phil and Eli stated the rule is different, down close to the goal line.

Didn't hear all of it, because (the utterly ridiculous)

The stinking Tune-in "app" interrupts the game at the worst possible time with some stupid commercial.

Missed the goal line stand................Tua's TD run...........all for some stupid Macy's commercial. (Usually, they stop that nonsense, sometime in Q1. This week, made into Q3 before it started, but once it did......................)

(I'm so mad having that they interrupted the game with that garbage that it has put me in a foul mood...............like after a certain API game.)

(So mad I can't even take a nap now!)
I'm going to have to see it. Defensive holding is a ten yard penalty and automatic first down or a half the distance penalty and automatic first down, at least everything I've seen say's that..

AlexanderFan

Hall of Fame
Jul 23, 2004
Birmingham
The Good: quarterback play. Getting comfortable with the nuances both bring to the field.

The Bad: focus on punt returns. That's all it is.

The Ugly: the face opponents make when we trot out ANOTHER stud running back to batter them.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
The Good: The W, being off next week as the lads looked tired, and all that cigar smoke.

The Bad: Allowing the Viles a touchdown, any kind of touchdown.

The Ugly: That vision destroying orange.

CHATTBRIT

Hall of Fame
Dec 3, 2003
Falling Water, TN
Good : Win number 8 in lopsided score
Bad : This team as in those are some bad boys there
UGLY : Those viles shirtless in orange checker board overalls...do they know how stupid they look?
Response to question re shirtless Viles. They are Viles, they are ignorant and not in touch with reality. Therefore they are unaware of how stupid they look.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.