Game Thread: LSU @ OM

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
Late-ish in the game, (mid 3rd quarter), LSU leading 16-9 and driving in OM territory. LSU doesn't look 'impressive', but definitely improved over what they looked earlier this season...

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL
Yes but L6U is not going to like it and will think we are scared.

Leonard Fournette has nightmares of crimson jerseys
Alabama did not beat LSU with penetration, they did it by two-gapping and controlling the line of scrimmage -- Fournette had no where to run, literally.

Of course, LSU’s Derrius Guice wanted to spout talking head conventional wisdom about loading the box, but the Tide did not. In its defensive magnum opus, the Tide put 8 men in the box just six times. And it never overloaded and had more than 8 at the line of scrimmage.

It was a Saturday evening where the world turned upside down: Alabama vaulted into first place in the West, and second in the nation, with a30-16 win. Fournette’s opposite, Tide running back Derrick Henry, jumped to the top of the Heisman ballot countering with a 210-yard, 3-touchdown performance that killed most of a fourth quarter and the Tigers’ will to resist. Alabama controlled its national destiny once again.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Fornette, Guice, Carry on luggage from auburn, if run is all you got, you got nothing against Bama. No one runs and wins on us. To beat us you need run, pass, and a scrambling QB from heaven. Then dial up a top 5 defense to slow our offense, then hope we play flat. NO ONE left will get within 10 pts. This team is on a mission. Our 3rd string db's looked like they were possessed when they got to play. Even when we look flat, as we did first half, we win by 38 points.

carder24

All-American
Sep 1, 2007
Huntsville, AL
That is one ugly trophy they were playing for, looks like something you’d pick up at a gas station on the way to gatlinburg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No chance of Alabama sleep walking through its preparation for LSU. LSU is in a position to win the SECw and take away all that Alabama has worked for. Could get ugly.

Intl.Aperture

All-American
Aug 12, 2015
Chesapeake, Virginia
No chance of Alabama sleep walking through its preparation for LSU. LSU is in a position to win the SECw and take away all that Alabama has worked for. Could get ugly.
I expect that game to play out similarly to the last few years. They can't threaten us offensively. Yet we are more multiple on offense than we were last year and LSU isn't as good on defense. Could easily see a 31-6 affair.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
They are very talented, though not as talented as Bama. It appears that Orgeron has taken the advice given and has stepped back, allowing his (talented) coordinators to do their work. Team looks much better than it did a month ago.

That said, I don't see this being anything like last year - Bama just has too many weapons and I think is statistically better than they were this time last year defensively...

CrimsonProf

Hall of Fame
Dec 30, 2006
Birmingham, Alabama
They are very talented, though not as talented as Bama. It appears that Orgeron has taken the advice given and has stepped back, allowing his (talented) coordinators to do their work. Team looks much better than it did a month ago.

That said, I don't see this being anything like last year - Bama just has too many weapons and I think is statistically better than they were this time last year defensively...
Also worth noting that LSU has a very odd roster compared to us. Very weird recruiting the last year or two, so they're in a very difficult spot if injuries emerge.

teamplayer

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2001
cullman, al, usa
I think LSU will give us all we can handle, just as they do almost every year. I would absolutely love it if we gave them a beat down, but they always play us like Auburn does, which means they seem to place their whole season on beating us. Of course, many teams seem to do that, but AU and LSU have often come up with ways to either beat us or at least make us sweat. I expect nothing less in two weeks. I think MSU will then be poised to play us hard after our always physical game with LSU. We then get a breather before heading down to the plains. I do not think it will be an easy finish to the end of the regular season. It never is.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.