What's your Top 5 on 10-22-17?

deliveryman35

Hall of Fame
Jul 26, 2003
Gadsden, AL
If Bama wins out they will have the best win of the season by beating UGA. If UGA it will be the same. If tOSU then beating OSU will be hard to ignore. See how the best games are ahead of us?
My top 5 represents who I think is best as of right now, not at the end of the year. And yes I agree with your statement.

RollTide_HTTR

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2017
1. Alabama - Rank us wherever you want. We aren't losing a game in the regular season bar a really poor game.

2. Georgia - That win over ND holds more value to me than all of Penn States wins this year

3. Penn State - Big win over Michigan helps me to believe in them. Defense is quietly very solid(they have the #1 scoring defense). I get their D hasn't played a top offense yet buts still impressive.

4. TCU - undefeated but the Big 12 is pretty bad.

5-6. Wisconsin/Miami - Neither have played anyone

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
AMEN they are th best 2 teams RIGHT NOW, we will see how it shakes out in the next few weeks. If UGA wins out there is no doubt they are top 2 team

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
If OSU were to lose to Penn St and say Mich, OU’s best win starts to look not so good. Let’s say BAMA, Penn St, ND and Clemson also win out. BAMA AND PSU are locks. I’d bet the committee takes ND and Clemson before OU. Clemson would’ve beat ‘cuse had Bryant been healthy. Therefore, the committee is likely to treat them as undefeated. That would leave ND and OU for the final spot. ND would get it.

I’d argue a 12-1 UGA would get in as a second SEC team VS OU.
I agree with this. Frankly, outside of the Ohio State win (which was impressive) OU hasn't been impressive at all this year. They constantly let medicore teams hang around, or in the case of Iowa State, beat them.

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. Georgia
4. TCU
5. Ohio State

Playoff projection:
1. Alabama
2. Penn State
3. TCU
4. Miami/Clemson

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
My Top-10 is based on an aggregate of multiple polls.

1. Alabama
2. Ped State
3. UGa
4.Clempson
5. Neuter Damned
6. TCU
7. Wiscy
8. Miami
9. O$U
10. OkieSt - OU - too close to call.

IF the P_ayoff _racket was set this week - the 4 teams "IN" would be:
Alabama, PSU, Clem, ND - the order, as always, to be determined by TV ratings projections by ESPiN.

BUT, there's obviously a TON of football left to be played, and a LOT could (and probably WILL) change. For example, I don't have ANY PAC-12 teams in my Top-10. At this point its a long-shot for any PAC team to make the P_ayoffs.

For us, our schedule always sets up to leave us vulnerable to the same results and 2011 Or '13 - lose to either LSux or aub and we don't go to ATL. Like it or not, even with just one loss, and laugh all you want, but Alabama will face stiff odds to make the _racket, ESPECIALLY if there is an undefeated or one-loss SEC-Champ (UGa) - because that SEC Champ would have to be included (after the O$U-PSU mess last year) AND because the Entire Premise of the P_ayoff Scam is to prevent a repeat of 2011.

My current PREDICTION for the 2017/18 P_ayoff _Racket (in no particular order) is this:
- SEC Champion so long as its a 13-0 or 12-1 team. (Can only be UGa or UA)
- B1G-Ego Champ, likely the PSU-O$U winner, but don't count out Wiscy yet!
- TCU IF they run the table and finish 13-0, Otherwise, the ACC Champ (Likely Clem or Miami)
- Neuter Damned so long as they don't lose again.

ND should be favored in all remaining games except @Miami. If Miami beats them, then ND is out and the ACC Champ is in.

Remember, there are SIX (6) Equal Partners in the P_ayoff Scam - the P-5 Conferences AND NOTRE DAME. And so far, the ONLY Partner that has not appeared in the P_ayoffs is ND. That's why you can FORGET both UA and UGa getting in IF ND runs the table. 11-1 ND will NOT be left out. No How - No Way.

OR Think about it this way - if ND And Two SEC teams make the _racket, that means THREE (3) P-5 conferences get left out, and that's not happening. :wink:

Last edited:

UntouchableCrew

All-SEC
Nov 30, 2015
Regardless of what happens in any conference I think Notre Dame is a lock if they win out. They'd have an incredibly impressive resume, better than any conference champion, IMO.

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Regardless of what happens in any conference I think Notre Dame is a lock if they win out. They'd have an incredibly impressive resume, better than any conference champion, IMO.
Yes, but I take issue with the way the resume is graded. Last year USC finished 10-3 and everyone was saying that USC was down and that was not a quality win for Alabama 52-6. But, OH MY, now that Notre Dame has beat USC 49-14 they are crowing that Notre Dame has added another quality win to their resume. USC will be lucky to finish 10-3. Go Figure. :eek:

Alasippi

Suspended
Aug 31, 2007
Ocean Springs, MS
I don't see how anyone could have Ohio State ahead of Oklahoma. They have beaten absolutely no one and Oklahoma completely kicked their butt on their home field.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Yes, but I take issue with the way the resume is graded. Last year USC finished 10-3 and everyone was saying that USC was down and that was not a quality win for Alabama 52-6. But, OH MY, now that Notre Dame has beat USC 49-14 they are crowing that Notre Dame has added another quality win to their resume. USC will be lucky to finish 10-3. Go Figure. :eek:
Because the team Alabama beat in week one wasn't the same team that went on a hot streak for the last two months of the season.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Redwood Forrest

Hall of Fame
Sep 19, 2003
Boaz, AL USA
Because the team Alabama beat in week one wasn't the same team that went on a hot streak for the last two months of the season.

This year's version of USC does not appear to be as good as last years team. IMO. But if they want to pump Notre Dame up then who am I to object. :cool2:

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
This year's version of USC does not appear to be as good as last years team. IMO. But if they want to pump Notre Dame up then who am I to object. :cool2:
I was referring more to last year's stance, not this year's talking point to boost ND anyway possible.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I want some of what you are smoking, what great teams have they beaten?

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
They got all pumped up in 2012, and when they finally played us well, we let the air out fast and hard, largest NC win in modern history. Yeah they were good hahahahahaha

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
For those doubting ND's schedule, Sagarin has their SOS at 25 while Bama's is ranked 39.

Their schedule only gets tougher, too: NC State (6-1), Wake Forest (4-3), @ Miami (6-0), Navy (5-2), and @ Stanford (5-2).

If they win out, they're in the playoff at 11-1.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.