Rich men and sexual harassment: a catch-all thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Now this is kind of bizarre......look at the title....

Washington Nationals TV analyst Charles Ray Knight arrested for assault and battery in Alexandria

That name doesn't exactly ring a bell....Charles Knight? Charles Ray Knight?

But then I realized when I saw the picture who it was - former baseball player Ray Knight, the guy who scored the winning run in the infamous Bill Buckner game, the guy who took over for Pete Rose at third for the Reds in 1979, the guy who is married to golfer Nancy Lopez, who was more famous than he......a decent enough player, not a great one but a good one....

Dang....

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

Washington Nationals TV analyst Charles Ray Knight arrested for assault and battery in Alexandria

But then I realized when I saw the picture who it was - former baseball player Ray Knight, the guy who scored the winning run in the infamous Bill Buckner game, the guy who took over for Pete Rose at third for the Reds in 1979, the guy who is married to golfer Nancy Lopez, who was more famous than he......a decent enough player, not a great one but a good one....

Dang....
Sounds like a late night of shots and then...more shots, including some right hooks.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La

Dang....
Didn't he retire because of vertigo?

cbi1972

Hall of Fame
Nov 8, 2005
Birmingham, AL

Dang....
1) Was this physical assault story supposed to go in this sexual harassment topic?
2) Not sure what is interesting about the title. Is it the use of all three names? Because the video uses the name "Ray Knight" like you figured out by seeing the picture.

JTH

1st Team
Sep 23, 2006
Woodstock GA
Why do you think all these Disney Channel kids are so messed up as adults?

Do a google image search for "Dan Schneider abuse"

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
seems like that is a very different number depending on circumstance and the person in question. For some, like Kobe Bryant it was one. For others like Bill Cosby it has been dozens and he seemed to escape it multiple times, recall that if not for Hannibal Burress coming out and saying essentially "why did everyone forget about Cosby" when the allegations were already out there Cos may have skated again. Look at Trump, he has plainly admitted to being a sexual predator both on Access Hollywood's tape and in appearances on the Howard Stern show and has had multiple women accuse him of exactly the behavior he has admitted to and half of y'all think it is all made up, it's quite mind boggling to witness
I'm curious as to the Tidefans posters who have explicitly indicated that harassment claims against Trump are made up. I'd like to see a list of said posters, including thread references if you happen to remember them.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I'm curious as to the Tidefans posters who have explicitly indicated that harassment claims against Trump are made up. I'd like to see a list of said posters, including thread references if you happen to remember them.
I was assuming that anyone who supports Trump must or y'all are far worse people than I've ever given you credit for

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
A good argument if one wishes to ignore the fact that neither Flowers nor Lewinsky ever said it was NOT consensual.....

The unique problem that Bill Clinton presents is that he appears to have been BOTH a stud and a scum at the same time. Flowers, the former Miss Arkansas, Mondale's late daughter (Eleanor?), and Lewinsky were (to my knowledge) all consensual affairs.

Paula Jones, Juannita Broaddrick, Kathleen Willey??? Predatory behavior by Bill.
The modern day definition would likely not consider these affairs consensual even if the women said, "YES!", given the power wielded by Clinton. I'm sure a number of Weinstein complaintaints also said, "YES!"

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
What are you basing his alleged harassment on? One off the record comment?
Wait what Trump? One comment?

You mean when he bragged about spying on women in dressing rooms naked before pageants? You know that he admitted doing this on Howard Sterns show
Well, I'll tell you the funniest is that I’ll go backstage before a show, and everyone's getting dressed and ready and everything else, and you know, no men are anywhere. And I'm allowed to go in because I'm the owner of the pageant and therefore I'm inspecting it. You know, I'm inspecting, I want to make sure that everything is good.

You know, the dresses. ‘Is everyone okay?’ You know, they're standing there with no clothes. ‘Is everybody okay?’ And you see these incredible looking women, and so, I sort of get away with things like that. But no, I've been very good.
Or when the Teen Pageant people spoke of Trump doing it there too? You know Teen's are legally children right?

Four women who competed in the 1997 Miss Teen USA beauty pageant said Donald Trump walked into the dressing room while contestants — some as young as 15 — were changing.

"I remember putting on my dress really quick because I was like, ‘Oh my god, there’s a man in here,’ " said Mariah Billado, the former Miss Vermont Teen USA.

Trump, she recalled, said something like, "Don’t worry, ladies, I’ve seen it all before."
Or do you mean the Dozen or so women, over the years, that have claimed he grabbed their genitalia?

Or his first wife, who claimed she was raped by him? iirc more than once

Or are you just referring to the time he bragged about sexual assault with his sycophantic pal Billy Bush. You know, bragged about grabbing genitalia, recall those dozen women mentioned above?

or is there some other comment I am missing?

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Wait what Trump? One comment?

You mean when he bragged about spying on women in dressing rooms naked before pageants? Or when the Teen Pageant people spoke of Trump doing it there too? You know Teen's are legally children right? You know that he admitted doing this on Howard Sterns show

Or do you mean the Dozen or so women, over the years, that have claimed he grabbed their genitalia?

Or his first wife, who claimed she was raped by him? iirc more than once

Or are you just referring to the time he bragged about sexual assault with his sycophantic pal Billy Bush. You know, bragged about grabbing genitalia, recall those dozen women mentioned above?

or is there some other comment I am missing?

Incidentally Jon - just so you know: a) I did not and never would vote for His Cheeto-ness; b) I'm guessing I just didn't pay attention. YES, I know about the Billy Bush tape - honestly, I must never have paid attention to the teen pageant thing or Howard Stern because I'm actually just hearing about those here for the first time. (Note: I never said nobody mentioned it or that it wasn't news - I'm basically saying I probably just didn't pay close attention because he never had a prayer for my vote anyway).

The Access Hollywood tape I knew about because I saw it on here, in fact - and immediately turned on the TV to one of the more shocking stories I've ever seen.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
1) Was this physical assault story supposed to go in this sexual harassment topic?
2) Not sure what is interesting about the title. Is it the use of all three names? Because the video uses the name "Ray Knight" like you figured out by seeing the picture.

Boy did I blow this.

I'm guessing I saw the word "sexual" in front of assault or I obviously wouldn't have linked it here.......maybe I had two screens open.

I don't watch videos accompanying stories so I didn't see what you're saying. No, I've never seen him referred to by that particular name.

So I blew it big time.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Didn't he retire because of vertigo?
I think you're conflating two players from the Reds.

Knight DID have vertigo in 1985 that affected his play, but I don't see where that caused him to retire.

Former Reds 1B Nick Esasky signed a huge contract with the Atlanta Braves in 1990, their last year of being terrible before the dynasty. After nine games, he was out with vertigo, and I don't think he ever came back.

You're correct that Knight had vertigo in 1985, and maybe it did affect his play in 1987, but I'm thinking you may be thinking of Esasky, whose vertigo forced his retirement.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Incidentally Jon - just so you know: a) I did not and never would vote for His Cheeto-ness; b) I'm guessing I just didn't pay attention. YES, I know about the Billy Bush tape - honestly, I must never have paid attention to the teen pageant thing or Howard Stern because I'm actually just hearing about those here for the first time. (Note: I never said nobody mentioned it or that it wasn't news - I'm basically saying I probably just didn't pay close attention because he never had a prayer for my vote anyway).

The Access Hollywood tape I knew about because I saw it on here, in fact - and immediately turned on the TV to one of the more shocking stories I've ever seen.
One my problems with the media in all of this is that they were (and are) so ready to nail Trump to the wall that they either fired everything to fast or they just fire so much that the real stuff gets lost in the noise.

Trump is an admitted sexual predator but it was hard to notice as it all dropped at once as soon as the access hollywood tape hit. And for some unknown reason Wikileaks just happened to release all of Hillary's emails just as all of this was breaking. It's almost as if a foreign power or something was trying to help distract everyone for some unknown reason

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
One my problems with the media in all of this is that they were (and are) so ready to nail Trump to the wall that they either fired everything to fast or they just fire so much that the real stuff gets lost in the noise.

Trump is an admitted sexual predator but it was hard to notice as it all dropped at once as soon as the access hollywood tape hit. And for some unknown reason Wikileaks just happened to release all of Hillary's emails just as all of this was breaking. It's almost as if a foreign power or something was trying to help distract everyone for some unknown reason
i think the media is at some fault here (24-hour infotainment), but when it came down to it, a (frighteningly, imho) large percentage of our population did not care.

Aledinho

All-SEC
Feb 22, 2007
Washington Examiner

Former President George H. W. Bush on Wednesday issued a formal apology to Heather Lind after the actress claimed Bush touched her inappropriately and told her a lewd joke during a photo opportunity four years ago.
This one really surprised me, but it seems that he is admitting to her accusations.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.