Rich men and sexual harassment: a catch-all thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
A clearer definition of assault would involve physical, forcible restraint. It’s one thing to lean over and kiss a girl on the cheek, which may be considered assault under the law; but it’s another thing to grab a girl forcibly, restrain her from flight, and kiss her on the cheek.
Just to clarify definitions, would you consider the following to be describing sexual assault?

"I moved on her like a b--ch... I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, you can do anything... Grab them by the p---y."

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Pinching, slapping, stroking, or squeezing someone’s butt is a bit personal in my opinion. Repeatedly doing such to a person can make the matter much worse. There really is no social, non-sports context where this would be considered normal. Sports is the only context where assslapping has been considered normal, but even in that context, I don’t find it necessary.

Whether or not touching someone on the arm or shoulder could be harassment probably depends on what accompanies the touching. For example, the toucher’s words could change the meaning of the touch.

For me, I don’t mind if someone touches my arm, shoulder, or back as long as I know the individual and the context is appropriate. Even at work it’s not a problem for me because the people I work with are some of my best friends. Such touches generally accompany camaraderie.
there are sometimes when it is appropriate

bama_wayne1

All-American
Jun 15, 2007
Just to clarify definitions, would you consider the following to be describing sexual assault?

"I moved on her like a b--ch... I’ve got to use some Tic Tacs, just in case I start kissing her. It’s like a magnet. Just kiss. I don’t even wait. And when you’re a star, you can do anything... Grab them by the p---y."
You didn't ask me but I classify that as trash talking. Now carrying that out could be assault.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL

Grabbing someone by the genitalia out of the blue feels like assault to me. If the parties are mutually engaged in escalating sexual foreplay, then it wouldn’t be assault.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
You didn't ask me but I classify that as trash talking. Now carrying that out could be assault.
Carrying that out WOULD be assault, by any reasonable definition.

I've lost count of all the women who've come forward and said that Donald Trump has, in fact, acted on these boasts. But as you know, the complaints of women are attracted to wealth and can be ignored.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX

I've lost count of all the women who've come forward and said that Donald Trump has, in fact, acted on these boasts. But as you know, the complaints of women are attracted to wealth and can be ignored.
Poison's Fallen Angel song seems vaguely appropriate about now.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs

14 women that have made public statements. Countless others signed NDA's (allegedly)

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
http://www.independent.co.uk/news/w...-claims-fake-news-corroborators-a8026151.html

I was wrong, it's 16 women not 14

"All I can say is it's totally fake news. It's just fake. It's fake. It's made-up stuff, and it's disgraceful, what happens, but that happens in the world of politics."- President Donald Trump, remarks to reporters, Oct. 16, 2017

- - -

Jacqueline Alemany of CBS News:"Obviously, sexual harassment has been in the news. At least 16 women accused the president of sexually harassing them throughout the course of the campaign. Last week, during a press conference in the Rose Garden, the president called these accusations 'fake news.' Is the official White House position that all of these women are lying?"

- - -

White House spokeswoman Sarah Huckabee Sanders:"Yeah, we've been clear on that from the beginning, and the president's spoken on it."- exchange on Oct. 27

- - -

As Alemany noted, 16 women have accused Trump of sexually harassing them. While the president dismisses this as "fake news," the problem for the White House is that some of these women have produced witnesses who say they heard about the incident at the time - long before Trump made his political aspirations known.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.