Rich men and sexual harassment: a catch-all thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
I still think that there is something fundamentally broken about someone who can haul it out in front of a bunch of strangers, after asking permission, and beating off. He's no different from the guy who pulls through a shopping center and calls a kid over to watch the same thing. Studies have shown that interviews with exhibitionists really believe that their victims are secretly aroused, when they really think he's a super creep...
I agree. I'm not giving him any sort of pass for having a commendable statement that at least appears to be generally contrite as that doesn't absolve him at all. He is sick

gtowntide

All-American
Mar 1, 2011
Memphis,TN.
I know...this is the inverse of the usual. Usually the republican admits and resigns/withdraws where the liberal shrugs it off as if nothing ever happened.
Is this an attempt to be funny or do you really believe this? If someone you know was molested by one of these predators are you going to ask if it was a democrat or a republican?

Do you really believe it makes any difference?

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I agree. I'm not giving him any sort of pass for having a commendable statement that at least appears to be generally contrite as that doesn't absolve him at all. He is sick
it's sort of a weird feeling as his comedy (which i find/found hilarious) in its self-deprecation seems to have been a bit based on being ashamed of his reality.

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
it's sort of a weird feeling as his comedy (which i find/found hilarious) in its self-deprecation seems to have been a bit based on being ashamed of his reality.
yeah, I've seen him at the Fox and the Cobb energy center was a huge fan. I'm done

Jon

Hall of Fame
Feb 22, 2002
Atlanta 'Burbs
Here's a pretty brutal hashtag. More here.
These guys think they are plenty old enough

http://www.latimes.com/opinion/op-e...e-evangelical-culture-20171110-story,amp.html

we need to talk about the segment of American culture that probably doesn’t think the allegations against Republican Senate candidate Roy Moore are particularly damning, the segment that will blanch at only two accusations in the Washington Post expose: He pursued a 14-year-old-girl without first getting her parents’ permission, and he initiated sexual contact outside of marriage. That segment is evangelicalism. In that world, which Moore travels in and I grew up in, 14-year-old girls courting adult men isn’t uncommon.

I use the phrase “14-year-old girls courting adult men,” rather than “adult men courting 14-year-old girls,” for a reason: Evangelicals routinely frame these relationships in those terms. That’s how I was introduced to these relationships as a home-schooled teenager in the 1990s, and it’s the language that my friends and I would use to discuss girls we knew who were in parent-sanctioned relationships with older men.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
i read that earlier today.

The allegations against Roy Moore are merely a symptom of a larger problem. It’s not a Southern problem or an Alabama problem. It’s a Christian fundamentalist problem. Billy Graham’s grandson, Boz Tchividjian, who leads the organization GRACE (Godly Response to Abuse in a Christian Environment), believes that the sexual abuse problem in Protestant communities is on par with that in the Catholic Church.

rolltide_21

Hall of Fame
Dec 9, 2007
NW AL
I know Christians who don't consider Evangelicals to be of the same faith. This kind of thing is why.
I’m one of those people. For many reasons, one being because I cannot find the “evangelical” designation in the Bible nor their platform. It is a political description not a religious term, imho.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
cute. the "if it's true" spin.

regardless, there are plenty of your fellow alabamian conservatives who are perfect ok with it. which points directly to this being a climax of leftist policy
Truth is important. Nevertheless, it’s good to know that you and your kind have some limits with respect to those who might hold office but may have committed a crime.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
Truth is important. Nevertheless, it’s good to know that you and your kind have some limits with respect to those who might hold office but may have committed a crime.
well, since moore won't be convicted before the election (or ever for that matter) i guess it makes it much easier to pull the lever.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
well, since moore won't be convicted before the election (or ever for that matter) i guess it makes it much easier to pull the lever.

I’m not voting for Moore, but I am voting for the Republican candidate for reasons I’ve stated before. And I’ll sleep as well as you did after you voted in last year’s presidential election. If Moore is guilty, there is a process to deal with him.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.