Rich men and sexual harassment: a catch-all thread

Status
Not open for further replies.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
Trump, Weinstein, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity, etc.

This has been part of the national conversation for the past week, so I figured it deserved a thread. I am glad that this rot has been exposed, and I hope our awareness is not just momentary. But I'm heartened that the ripple effect seems to be increasing rather than diminishing. From this weekend:

Bill O'Reilly paid $32 million to a Fox News colleague who threatened to sue him for alleged sexual misconduct.

Fidelity Investments, one of the world’s largest investment firms, has pushed out two high-level executives over the past few weeks amid sexual harassment complaints.

Prominent gaming site NeoGAF goes down as sexual harassment allegations against owner prompt staff exodus.

38 women accuse Writer-Director James Toback of sexual harassment.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
Trump, Weinstein, Ailes, O'Reilly, Hannity, etc.

This has been part of the national conversation for the past week, so I figured it deserved a thread. I am glad that this rot has been exposed, and I hope our awareness is not just momentary. But I'm heartened that the ripple effect seems to be increasing rather than diminishing. From this weekend:

Bill O'Reilly paid $32 million to a Fox News colleague who threatened to sue him for alleged sexual misconduct.

Fidelity Investments, one of the world’s largest investment firms, has pushed out two high-level executives over the past few weeks amid sexual harassment complaints.

Prominent gaming site NeoGAF goes down as sexual harassment allegations against owner prompt staff exodus.

38 women accuse Writer-Director James Toback of sexual harassment.
Clinton? Come on man...you can't start a thread like this without Clinton being in it. Geez, he's the lead dog of this pack.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
Weiner?

Predators are predators...it doesn't matter political affiliation.
I wonder why it's all rich MEN and no rich WOmen we are seeing. I know some will say they are different but I have met some very "assertive" women in my lifetime. No reason why they never make the news.

Displaced Bama Fan

Hall of Fame
Jun 5, 2000
Shiner, TX
I wonder why it's all rich MEN and no rich WOmen we are seeing. I know some will say they are different but I have met some very "assertive" women in my lifetime. No reason why they never make the news.
Rich women do it as well...as do women in positions of power, whether it be supervisory or CEOs. It's just not "chic" to call out a woman for sexually harassing a man or another woman for that matter.

CharminTide

Hall of Fame
Oct 23, 2005
But typical that the lead democrat dog is not mentioned by name...he's right there with Weinstein, who happened to be a main financial contributor.
Frankly, there have been so many names dropped recently that a few slipped my mind. Also, I was in elementary school when Clinton held office, so let's not read too deeply here.

I'd rather we not devolve into pettiness before even hitting the second page. Surely, if there's a single thing we can all agree on, it's that using one's power, wealth, and influence to leverage sexual predation is despicable no matter who is doing it.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014
It is also possible that money attracts complaints.
Say it ain't so. My wife has suggested i take up the political mantle several times but I continue to decline because I think that some of this stuff is fake and the women make up stories because the man is famous.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
But typical that the lead democrat dog is not mentioned by name...he's right there with Weinstein, who happened to be a main financial contributor.
You mentioned him by name. It's a catch all thread. Charmin isn't obligated to list every person ever accused of it. It's been a while since Clinton was front in center in the news for it unlike many of the others (maybe a small bit during the most recent campaign iirc).

The nitpicking whataboutism is tiresome when you could just bring them up without treating it like some kind of needless gotcha contest.

These types of people are terrible human beings no matter their political bent. Who cares what the score is between the R's & D's? They should all be brought into the light & disgraced.

Tide1986

Suspended
Nov 22, 2008
Birmingham, AL
Say it ain't so. My wife has suggested i take up the political mantle several times but I continue to decline because I think that some of this stuff is fake and the women make up stories because the man is famous.
I'm pretty sure that in this day and age most anything can be spun as harassment.

LA4Bama

All-SEC
Jan 5, 2015
Los Angeles, CA
You mentioned him by name. It's a catch all thread. Charmin isn't obligated to list every person ever accused of it. It's been a while since Clinton was front in center in the news for it unlike many of the others (maybe a small bit during the most recent campaign iirc).

The nitpicking whataboutism is tiresome when you could just bring them up without treating it like some kind of needless gotcha contest.

These types of people are terrible human beings no matter their political bent. Who cares what the score is between the R's & D's? They should all be brought into the light & disgraced.
Bill Clinton's sexual predator issues were front and center all of 2016 (and literally, front and center at a debate).

Status
Not open for further replies.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.