Deaf Baby hears mother for first time

64met

All-American
Oct 12, 2007
Ty, CC for posting. Very cool story, wish we would see more like this!

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
Ty, CC for posting. Very cool story, wish we would see more like this!
https://www.yahoo.com/lifestyle/dea...first-time-gets-emotional-will-194027342.html

Her mother, Christy, originally didn’t plan on making the video public, but after relatives asked to share it on the social media platform, she agreed. “I thought, ‘Oh, what’s the harm? I’ll make it public,” Keane told Good Housekeeping in a phone interview. “And then, I think I woke up the next day with a thousand shares, and by Monday it had hit a million.”

Charlotte was born with bilateral profound congenital hearing loss, which happens in one of out every 1,000 to 2,000 births, according to the American Hearing Research Foundation. Throughout Christy’s pregnancy, there was no warning that this would happen.

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
I had it bookmarked to post. I'm glad you did. I was thinking of all of the videos I've seen of adults hearing for the first time with cochlear implants. There's always an initial smile, followed by tears as the emotion becomes overwhelming...

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.