OM’s Shea Patterson out with torn PCL

TIDE-HSV

Senior Administrator
Staff member
Oct 13, 1999
Huntsville, AL,USA
Earle, what was your recovery time on this one?
:biggrin2:
Can't claim that one. It's really a pretty rare injury, free-standing, probably no more than a few percent of knee injuries. Even then, it's usually seen in conjunction with the ACL and MCL. It's called the "dashboard injury" because of its frequency with auto accidents, as a single injury. I think that the recovery/surgery is about the same as ACL. I haven't looked at it in a while. I'll get up to date...

GP for Bama

All-American
Feb 3, 2011
Sorry to hear about his injury. He is a really good player. Hopefully he can get back to 100%. Then, for his sake, transfer out of that mess in Oxford.

GrayTide

Hall of Fame
Nov 15, 2005
Greenbow, Alabama
I expect Patterson and a lot of his better teammates to take their "transfer out without sitting out" card when the NCAA sanctions are announced.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Call me heartless and a cynic, but Shea Patterson knew what he was getting into when he signed with OM. They already had one NOA. He went to Oxford because Hugh hired his brother away from LSU to be a grad assistant.

Hate he got injured and is out for the season, but he had to know things at OM were not very great.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Call me heartless and a cynic, but Shea Patterson knew what he was getting into when he signed with OM. They already had one NOA. He went to Oxford because Hugh hired his brother away from LSU to be a grad assistant.

Hate he got injured and is out for the season, but he had to know things at OM were not very great.
Must - Fight -Urge - to - make - political - wisecrack....... ;)

In all seriousness, I do hate to see ANY of these guys injured. Not to open a can of worms but the fact is that football is the ONLY sport played in America where athletes are, in effect, barred from going pro unless they spend three years pretending to be college students and working for peanuts.

As for Old Mess, I DO sincerely hope they give all their mercenaries... er.. I mean, "Student Athletes" the Free Pass to transfer. This was such an egregious pattern of conduct..... almost as bad as what UNC has been doing for decades...... :redface:

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.