View From The Stands: Alabama vs Tennessee

BamaMark.

1st Team
Jun 21, 2012
The tickets I am usually able to get are very near where you were sitting. This week I was on the other side at about the 30. I have to say, it's nice not having the sun in your face for these afternoon games.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
What are you using, Bill? That looks too HD to be a phone pic...
You are indeed correct.

A handheld (I can hide it in my hand easily) Sony HD camcorder with 9.2 mega pixels still image recording.

The tickets specifically say on them "no video cameras" but I'm assuming that's old school. I've never made any secret about it, I've taped in front of security folks before.....and given that everyone in the stands has an I phone or whatever nowadays, I suspect that's a relic of a bygone era.

I "could" tape the whole game, but I don't. I got almost all of the second half because it was getting kind of blase so I was keeping my mind occupied with close-ups.

It's kind of funny........last year I was at a Braves-Mets game the night before our WKU opener. When I went in 1999 with my big home video camera, we were EXPLICITLY told you could ONLY video AWAY from the field (e.g. the crowd) and NOT while the game was in progress. So I'm sitting there filming what happens to be Tyler Flowers's two daughters (I was seated right next to his parents and they were precious to watch) and a security guard came hustling over to me. OK, fine, right?

But he told me I was ONLY to film action ON THE FIELD while the game was being played.......I'm sitting there shaking my head about how things changed in less than 20 years. Now everyone is afraid of stalking (and I get that) and blackmail so now you CAN tape on the field but NOT close-ups in the crowd.

Of course, I can use it as a camera, too - it takes great still photos. However, when I have the video record set at the HD (best) level, it will NOT let me take a picture simultaneously with the video. If I lower the grade a little bit, I can take both regular video AND pics at the same time.

I opt for the HD after viewing some of our footage last year.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
The tickets I am usually able to get are very near where you were sitting. This week I was on the other side at about the 30. I have to say, it's nice not having the sun in your face for these afternoon games.
I'm on the west side in PP, row 11 (seats 7 and 8....well, I'm seat 7, ha ha).

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
OK.

This one lasts almost eight minutes of real time. It has EVERY PLAY from the opening kickoff to Andy P's re-kick after the penalty, all plays for both them and us. (I try to tape our first offensive drive every week I'm there)

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.