2017 Alabama Records for Current Players

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Feel a little bad for Ridley, he would easily be #2 or #1 on all those records if we had the same offenses we did for Cooper. Ridley vs Cooper will be a fun debate one day when we can acknowledge the context of their numbers.
I think Calvin is really REALLY good......make that Great. He runs crisp routes and until this years drops he has been very sure handed. He also can get behind the D for long TD's. Plus it's true he doesn't have AJ or Sims throwing to him or Kiffin force feeding him anymore. But he's obviously been Jalen's favorite target and was Coker's as well. He's the #1 Target.

But just being honest and going by the eyeball test.... I don't think he's quite on Coop's level. Amari just flat made DB's look stupid and got WIDE OPEN for TD's.......like dude....NO ONE was around and Sims just had to get in the general area most of the time. His route running and lethal (and I mean LETHAL) speed combined with his fast twitch moves on double move routes is unmatched.

I DO think Ridley is Top 3 no matter what the stats say in the end. For me at the college level it's:
1) Amari Cooper
2) Julio Jones
3) Calvin Ridley

If I'm a college DB that's the order I'm afraid of covering them too.

Who I feel bad for....a bit....is DJ Hall. He was an amazing talent but unfortunately was developed under a soft coaching staff who allowed him and Keith Brown to both slack off. If DJ had been coached by CNS his whole career 1 of two things would have happened. He would have been processed immediately OR He'd be #1 in Yards and at least #2 in TD's and probably in the NFL. He's the best 'Jump-Ball' WR we've had in spite of his work ethic.

tusks_n_raider

Hall of Fame
May 13, 2009
Mobile, AL
Keep in mind, Amari's 2013 season was not so great -- think he had some kind of nagging injury. So, add a 4th year and maybe a healthier 2013 season and his numbers would have been untouchable. :-o
If Kiffin had been the OC in 2013 (or ANY other more imaginative OC) with AJ at QB and Cooper at 100% the passing stats would have been ridiculous. That's a scenario where we definitely 3-peat, AJ throws for 3,500-4,000 yards and 35-40 TD's and wins the Heisman easily and Cooper wins his 1st of two Biletnikoff's with 2,000+ yards receiving and 20+ TD's. It would have been SICK. We JUST missed the stars aligning there.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
The article is little old dated earlier this month, but it still applies:

http://gridironnow.com/alabama-pace-shatter-school-total-offense-record/

The record of 484.5 was set in 2014, in Kiffin’s first season at the school. Blake Sims was at quarterback and Derrick Henry and T.J. Yeldon split carries in the backfield.
Right now we're averaging 499.5 per game for the 2017. If this holds up, we have a chance breaking the records.

Also, We're #1 in Total Defense and #12 in Total Offense. I think that's first time under Saban he had that.

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
Update:
Career Total yards
Jalen now has 6,217 yards for career total yards. He'll need 12 yards to pass Brodie Croyle for no.3 spot.
Good chance he'll finish his career at Alabama as no.2 behind AJ McCarron

Career Total Touchdown
Jalen Hurts tied JPW for Career total touchdowns with 58. AJM has 80.

Career Receptions:
Calvin Ridley has 212 Career reception and now is no. 2 on the list. Cooper is no. 1

Career Receiving Yards:
Ridley has 2,672 career receiving yards. Passed Julio Jones for no. 3 spot. Could pass DJ Hall If we make it to playoff.

Career Receiving Touchdowns
Ridley tied DJ Hall with 17. Needs two more TDs to pass Dennis Holman for no. 2 spot.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.