Alabama-LSU Set for 7 P.M. on CBS

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Saw this in an article, I missed it in game, But our CBS moron announcer Danielson let the cat out of bag in UT game. Bet CBS does not tell him anything anymore before they make public announcements.

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Good. If it was early I had to drive. My flight to Memphis and the rental car will get me there whoo yeah.

Go Bama

Hall of Fame
Dec 6, 2009
16outa17essee
Lol, of course you would know.

Funny, I remember the score but don’t remember it being a day game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
i will again be in dubai for this game. i listened to the 4th q and o.t. of 2014. hopefully this year is a bit more relaxing
You be safe, okay?

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I had to go to that section of this crazy world, but Godspeed and safe travels.

We'll will it here and keep up the drive for 17.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I assume that is 6 central, so by 10 central I hope to be happy at 9-0 GO TIDE

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Lol, of course you would know.

Funny, I remember the score but don’t remember it being a day game.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Well, I know not everyone recalls the details of this stuff but a history primer (and then another post with a bizarre one)......

In 2011, CBS had ratings down about 18% for the year because of some blowout contests they had aired (including our smoking of both Arky and Florida). They had put the Florida game in prime time. The 2011 Alabama-LSU game was NOT originally scheduled for prime time. But as the game approached, CBS saw a chance to cash in on the prime time Saturday night 1 vs 2 matchup. CBS looked over the schedules and cut a deal to trade some "better" games with ESPN for later in the season for the right to put the Alabama-LSU game on at 7 pm on November 5, 2011.

The rating for that game was highest for a college football regular season game for CBS since the 1989 Notre Dame-Miami game. Because of that rating, CBS has scheduled a double header telecast every year that particular weekend.....and every single year they've chosen Alabama-LSU to show in prime time.

Highest Rated Games (Note: REGULAR season ONLY save 2012)
2011 - Alabama vs LSU
2012 - Alabama vs UGA (Tide-LSU was third)
2013 - Unmentionable Game (Tide-LSU was third)
2014 - Alabama/Auburn (Tide-LSU was sixth)
2015 - Alabama/LSU
2016 - Ohio State/Michigan (LSU-Tide was fourth)

In short, we're money in the bank with this game in prime time.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
You be safe, okay?

I honestly don't know what I'd do if I had to go to that section of this crazy world, but Godspeed and safe travels.

We'll will it here and keep up the drive for 17.
thanks. but i have never felt remotely at risk in the uae. did a day trip to kuwait last spring, and while it is an armpit of a country, i didn't really have any worry. republic of georgia and morocco were the sketchiest places i've been and they weren't too bad, just seedy. i wouldn't step foot in saudi or yemen.

Last edited:

selmaborntidefan

TideFans Legend
Mar 31, 2000
Nobody pick a fight please but.......there's been a LOT of historic stuff that happens right around the LSU-Alabama game, either before or right after. Take a look

1989 - Berlin Wall comes down two days before the game

1991 - Magic Johnson announces he's HIV positive two days before the game

1994 - on the day of the game, former President Reagan announces he has Alzheimer's (which really moved this disease into the national conversation)

1995 - during the game, Israel's Yitzhak Rabin is assassinated; in fact, they cut into the game with CBS News updates throughout the 10-3 Tide defensive struggle win

2000 - DuBose resigns a few days before the game and a few days after the game we have an election that goes on for what seemed like forever

2007 - minutes before the Vols game, the Textbook scandal is revealed, but it actually becomes a point of conversation starting the day AFTER we beat UTe and dominates conversation leading up to the LSU game

2008 - you know the historic thing, let's not argue about it

2009 - Fort Hood shooting

2010 - the week of the LSU/Alabama game, the Cam Newton scandal breaks

2011 - on the day of the LSU/Alabama game, the Sandusky scandal breaks during ESPN Gameday (I was over at the Texas Motor Speedway that morning); there was also an earthquake in Oklahoma that weekend that made the news

I don't want to start a ruckus, but there's a LOT of critical events that always seem to develop right around the time of the LSU game and not all of them are a NS subject, either. Granted, a FEW of those are because of the TIME of year of the game, but not all - certainly not Cam Newton, Sandusky, Magic, or the Berlin Wall.....

Chukker Veteran

Hall of Fame
Feb 6, 2001
thanks. but i have never felt remotely at risk in the uae. did a day trip to kuwait last spring, and while it is an armpit of a country, i didn't really have any worry. republic of georgia and morocco were the sketchiest places i've been and they weren't too bad, just seedy. i wouldn't step foot in saudi or yemen.
I saw stuff in Morocco I couldn't believe, and that was nearly 40 years ago. A return visit is not on my bucket list.

Watch your back over there.

92tide

TideFans Legend
May 9, 2000
East Point, Ga, USA
I saw stuff in Morocco I couldn't believe, and that was nearly 40 years ago. A return visit is not on my bucket list.

Watch your back over there.
i was in casablanca. i was surprised at how big of a dump it was. i was their during ramadan, which made it even worse, because everyone was hungry and grumpy.

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
LSU-Bama is kind of a big deal here in North LA but that fact that both have byes the weekend before has made it a two week event. A lot of my tigger fans are getting close to cocky after their last three games.

techster79

All-American
Oct 20, 2014
Deatsville, Al
Nobody pick a fight please but.......there's been a LOT of historic stuff that happens right around the LSU-Alabama game, either before or right after. Take a look
2008 - you know the historic thing, let's not argue about it
From 1984 to 2012, if Alabama won the democrat won the presidential election and if LSU won the republican did. Trump broke the streak when we won last year.

TexasTideFan

All-American
Feb 6, 2003
Kingwood, TX
LSU-Bama is kind of a big deal here in North LA but that fact that both have byes the weekend before has made it a two week event. A lot of my tigger fans are getting close to cocky after their last three games.
Yeah but then there was Troy? I am kinda glad that they have won the last several games so they can get cocky again before they get put back in their place.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop : 2024 Madness!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.