Link: Florida coach Jim McElwain says family, players getting death threats

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
REALLY people, a game means so much to you you threaten death? GET A LIFE

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
I hope the University does all it can to trace those calls and track down and prosecute those idiots. I fear that people this unhinged walk free around the country.

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
I guess I'm just too cynical, but without some sort of proof I'm not sure I'm buying it...

Then there's this nugget: "Asked how serious the threats were, McElwain said he was not planning to contact law enforcement."

So you've received death threats but you're not contacting law enforcement. Yah, makes sense.

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Its funny that UF and FRU, in some ways are in the same boat. Both have had QB injuries, and both - arguably - would be One Loss teams and highly ranked, IF they had a healthy starting QB.

UF lost by a good margin to Meesigun in the opener, but their other two losses are by THREE total points.

From the looks of things, unless Coach Mac can pull a stunning upset and beat UGa - he's probably headed for a 6-7 win season. You have to wonder how that's going to go over with their "Nouveau Riche" fans...... Esp. if he doesn't beat a wounded FRU team at the end of the regular season.....

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
I guess I'm just too cynical, but without some sort of proof I'm not sure I'm buying it...

Then there's this nugget: "Asked how serious the threats were, McElwain said he was not planning to contact law enforcement."

So you've received death threats but you're not contacting law enforcement. Yah, makes sense.
You don't trust a guy who has never said or done a thing to warrant such distrust because he didn't call the cops? Yah, that makes sense.

CajunCrimson

Moderator (FB,BB) and Vinyl Enthusiast
Staff member
Mar 13, 2001
Breaux Bridge, La
1. It's Florida
2. It's Florida
3. It's Florida

There is a reason why there is a running "Florida" joke on NS.....

Florida ran all out of Mounds.....and were left with nothing but Almond Joy --

crimsonaudio

Administrator
Staff member
Sep 9, 2002
crimsonaudio.net
You don't trust a guy who has never said or done a thing to warrant such distrust because he didn't call the cops? Yah, that makes sense.
No, I'm just not sure I buy it. His family has literally received death threats but he doesn't think he should pursue it?

Sounds more like a tall tale to me.

Again, probably just me being cynical.

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Kevin Sumlin got same treatment as well.... Keep that in mind both has something in common... It's in the south. This has gone too far.
The something in common is that they both made the claims when their seats were warming up. That's it.

Speaking of Sumlin, anything ever come of the FBI investigation into his note?

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
No, I'm just not sure I buy it. His family has literally received death threats but he doesn't think he should pursue it?

Sounds more like a tall tale to me.

Again, probably just me being cynical.
You saw the stuff posted on Foster's Facebook/Twitter page when he missed a few FGs, right? Death wishes for missing FGs. Fans do this stuff all the time.

Last edited:

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Even if it is true, I think he'd be better off not saying anything and letting authorities handle it.
I agree with this - he hurts the FL program by taking it public. He should have just called the cops and kept quiet about it if it was bothering him. If it wasn't bothering him, why bring it up? Certainly not well thought out by McElwain.

Latest threads

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.