2017 Bye Week Thread (Practice Reports, Press Conference Updates, etc.)

JustNeedMe81

Hall of Fame
Sep 30, 2011
Huntsville, Al
What few changes are you wanting to see? I'm guessing you are talking about WR, pulling Foster and putting in Jeudy or one of the other freshmen. That may happen but they are all going to stay in the rotation.
Not with how Foster has been playing the last few weeks. I want to see Some changes at OL.. Cotton out, and Put willis or someone in.. Cotton is good at run blocking, but struggle pass protection.

This is the week to change up .... Whatever we have this week or next week, we'll stick with it for rest of season. have you noticed Jalen has been rolling out of pocket a lot in the game?

RTR91

Super Moderator
Nov 23, 2007
Prattville
Not with how Foster has been playing the last few weeks. I want to see Some changes at OL.. Cotton out, and Put willis or someone in.. Cotton is good at run blocking, but struggle pass protection.

We've gone 8 games with the same OL. If they were struggling so bad, a change would have already happened. Don't mess with that group.
have you noticed Jalen has been rolling out of pocket a lot in the game?
Well, yeah. That's when he's at his best and deadliest.

uafanataum

All-American
Oct 18, 2014

We've gone 8 games with the same OL. If they were struggling so bad, a change would have already happened. Don't mess with that group.

Struggling with 5 td margin of victory. Also, with Foster, someone in another thread pointed out that he blocks better than the younger WR. I know you want your receivers to actually be good st receiving but CNSputs alot of stock in blocking too.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Struggling with 5 td margin of victory. Also, with Foster, someone in another thread pointed out that he blocks better than the younger WR. I know you want your receivers to actually be good st receiving but CNSputs alot of stock in blocking too.
At Bama doing one thing is nice, but if you want playing time you better do many things good. I recall Saban a few years ago asked why a RB who had good runs was not used a lot. Saban put it plainly, he has not gotten the blocking schemes down, and that is as important as running the ball. He said most runningbacks can run, only the best canblock too. His point was well taken, a bad blocking back is useless in a pass play, if the QB gets sacked. He also added if you only put him in as runner, knowing he is bad blocker, you tell the opponent this is a run play, not pass play. That in Sabans words would be pretty dumb LOL

TiderJack

Hall of Fame
Jul 9, 2010
Inverness, AL

Exactly. Amazing how we are leading the league in total yards, total offense and scoring offense, all of which are highly rated nationally also, and people want changes. Sometimes another team's player is going to beat a block since they are in the SEC also. Does not mean a change needs to be made. Continuity is key to a good OL and I like the current line-up.

B1GTide

TideFans Legend
Apr 13, 2012
Exactly. Amazing how we are leading the league in total yards, total offense and scoring offense, all of which are highly rated nationally also, and people want changes. Sometimes another team's player is going to beat a block since they are in the SEC also. Does not mean a change needs to be made. Continuity is key to a good OL and I like the current line-up.
Going into the last game Alabama RBs had 1400 yards rushing before first contact. Think about that. The o-line is awesome.

G-VilleTider

Suspended
Aug 17, 2006
Going into the last game Alabama RBs had 1400 yards rushing before first contact. Think about that. The o-line is awesome.
I have read a hundred stats today, and that one is the most amazing!! Wow, thanks. Did not realize it was THAT incredible.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.