Arkansas State Coach Blake Anderson Takes a Jab at Arkansas

BAMAVILLE

Moderator (FB,BB,REC)
Staff member
Jan 9, 2014
HAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAAHAH "Is it too soon?" HAHAHAHAHA "Is it too soon?" good stuff lol

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
It's a funny story. But I don't know if I'd have told that.

The coaching fraternity is small, and Arkansas State is neither a destination job, nor an indicator of future respect (**cough** Freeze **cough ** Malzahn).

You never know whose paths might cross whose in the future, and I'm sure Bielema won't forget being kicked while he's down by the coach of a third-tier program.

Just 'cause you can doesn't mean you should.

WPS

BamaNation Citizen
Aug 14, 2015
It's a funny story. But I don't know if I'd have told that.

The coaching fraternity is small, and Arkansas State is neither a destination job, nor an indicator of future respect (**cough** Freeze **cough ** Malzahn).

You never know whose paths might cross whose in the future, and I'm sure Bielema won't forget being kicked while he's down by the coach of a third-tier program.

Just 'cause you can doesn't mean you should.
Eh, I thought it was funny. He said Bielema called him every week after he found out Anderson's wife had cancer. It's not like Bielema hasn't taken jabs at other coaches before either.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
If this small joke makes someone mad or keeps him from a job offer I would be shocked. if you do not want to be the butt of jokes, win some games, simple. People need to learn to laugh at themselves more. This country is to high strung and stressed, we need more jokes, more laughter, humor is the best medicine. If Beilema gets angry he has deeper issues than a joke.

TideMan09

Hall of Fame
Jan 17, 2009
Anniston, Alabama
HAHA..It was a hilarious joke, a ballsy joke considering the situation, if The Hawgs don't like it they should fix the problem..And there's a problem when the Arkansas St HC is busting out jokes about how bad you've become..

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
HAHA..It was a hilarious joke, a ballsy joke considering the situation, if The Hawgs don't like it they should fix the problem..And there's a problem when the Arkansas St HC is busting out jokes about how bad you've become..
Amen the real joke is more on the admin thanthe coach, they hired him and paid him a ton of money for these results. They are the real problem.

CrimsonTheory

All-American
Mar 26, 2012
CrimsonBleedRed
Not an original joke but still funny when executed properly.

But that is a sad state of affairs when Arky State is making jokes at your expense.

Admittedly, I still waiting for Middle Tennessee State to make a similar joke about Tennessee.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
Just goes to show not only must you be a good coach but the right FIT where you go. What he did at wisconsin, does not translate to the SEC as we have seen. This is a different animal. Even the down teams now in SEC are tough, people can trash SEC as we have dropped off lately. BUT this is no pac 10 league, this is a tough place to win. It is still a very very physical league. Tough defenses, you rarely see scoring like you do on west coast teams. Now and then but even low ranked or unranked SEC teams do not give up 60 oints every week. This is blue collar football. Not hollywood flash

TomFromBama

Suspended
May 14, 2003
Lower Alabama
Eh, I thought it was funny. He said Bielema called him every week after he found out Anderson's wife had cancer. It's not like Bielema hasn't taken jabs at other coaches before either.
This ^^^

Esp. if he and Bielema are friends, or at least friendly, this is one guy ribbing another guy.

HARMLESS Stuff like this used to be common in America, but nobody has a sense of humor any more. A while back I was watching a replay of an old "Dean Martin Celebrity Roast" from back in the 1970's. Remember those? Half the stuff they said - stuff that was cracking up the audience AND the celebrities on stage, Could NOT be said on any TV show today. Its a shame.

RT27

All-American
Aug 13, 2017
This ^^^

Esp. if he and Bielema are friends, or at least friendly, this is one guy ribbing another guy.

HARMLESS Stuff like this used to be common in America, but nobody has a sense of humor any more. A while back I was watching a replay of an old "Dean Martin Celebrity Roast" from back in the 1970's. Remember those? Half the stuff they said - stuff that was cracking up the audience AND the celebrities on stage, Could NOT be said on any TV show today. Its a shame.
This country is so on edge and takes things way to serious and personal. Comedy has suffered, we forgot how to laugh at ourselves. Sad indeed

JTBama

All-American
Jul 2, 2005
Some where out there
Not an original joke but still funny when executed properly.

But that is a sad state of affairs when Arky State is making jokes at your expense.

Admittedly, I still waiting for Middle Tennessee State to make a similar joke about Tennessee.
Yeah, I use to tell this one but insert Auburn for Arkansas...no offense AuDub

Pilot172000

1st Team
Sep 25, 2017
Winnsboro, LA
A bit like burning the bridge and then realizing you forgot to cross it first. Remember your place.
I think his place will be at a P5 somewhere soon and burning Arkanasas is perfectly fine with me. Beliema is arrogant and deserves it. No team is untouchable in their home state including us.

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.