Being good at math is white privilege and could be racist

uafan4life

Hall of Fame
Mar 30, 2001
Florence, AL
And, yet, if you play "snap decision" with a picture of an identically dressed white kid, black kid, and Asian kid by asking "Which middle-school student do you think is better at Math?", people would overwhelmingly choose the Asian kid.

MobileCrimson

1st Team
Feb 27, 2014
The best line is about the "politics that mathematics brings". There are no words to describe that stupidity.

Liberalism is a disease and needs to be eliminated.

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk

Last edited:

4Q Basket Case

FB|BB Moderator
Staff member
Nov 8, 2004
Tuscaloosa
Numbers are racist.

I have no words, but I do have a question: if an abstract concept (like a number) can be racist, can an inanimate object also be racist?

Like, oh...I don't know...maybe...a basketball?

mikes12

All-American
Nov 10, 2005
Chattanooga, TN
According to this professor at the University of Illinois.

http://www.americanthinker.com/blog...s_white_privilege_comments.html#disqus_thread

Sent from my Pixel using Tapatalk
There’s a clip from the show “The Wire” (language not suitable for this site) which is interesting. In it, a young black kid who struggles in school is asked a real world scenario math problem involving drug dealers and money. He nails the answer without use of pencils or a calculator.

He explains that (paraphrased) if you get it wrong out there you get ‘messed’ up.

Interesting, but all this “privilege” nonsense is just used to wedge divisions and foster resentment.

NationalTitles18

TideFans Legend
May 25, 2003
Mountainous Northern California
There comes a point where you can either "blame" math or the people who are trying to impart knowledge of it or you can try to learn it. Where you can make excuses for yourself or work you backside off to make it in this world. Where you can either rail against the world or accept that it is the way it is and get on with life.

No one should mistake that for lack of understanding or compassion. But there comes a point where even compassion turns into enabling self destructive attitudes and behaviors. This professor has reached that point. Not to mention a cheap way to "earn" a buck. Enabling people to self destruct to earn a buck will only make you friends until your "friends" figure out you sold them out for $$$.

MattinBama

Hall of Fame
Jul 31, 2007
Liberalism is a disease and needs to be eliminated.
The extreme kooks on both sides of the spectrum need to be ridiculed and ignored. Both are equally dangerous to our society in different ways.

Ideas like "is a disease and needs to be eliminated" are just as outlandish and anti-American as the garbage some extreme leftist spout.

AV8N

1st Team
Sep 18, 2013
I’m not really sure what her solution is. Should people just stop using or learning math? Or does she want kids to learn how math concepts were developed around the world and didn’t just come out of Europe? Heck, I learned in middle school in Alabama back in the 80’s that algebra was of Arabic origins.
I don’t think math is racist, but partial differential equations are even more evil than racism (blue font).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

TideFans.shop - NEW Stuff!

TideFans.shop - Get YOUR Bama Gear HERE!”></a>
<br />

<!--/ END TideFans.shop & item link \-->
<p style= Purchases made through our TideFans.shop and Amazon.com links may result in a commission being paid to TideFans.